Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
Kentucky picked up another verbal commit today when West Orange (Fla.) receiver Garrett Johnson picked the Wildcats over Arizona, Boston College and South Florida. He had recently narrowed his list of 11 schools to those four.
The 5-9, 162-pound Johnson recently told Chris Hayes, the Orlando Sentinel’s recruiting coverage coordinator, what he liked best about UK.
“Just me talking to Coach [Chad] Scott [running backs coach] a lot really helped me out and the bond has grown between me and him. Also, me knowing a few of their players like Jeff [Badet], and Jojo [Kemp] and Blake [McClain], that’s helping let me know a lot about what’s going on at Kentucky right now … they always give me honest feedback.”
USF: “The new coaching staff, I love them. I’ve always been a big fan of USF even with the previous coaching staff, and I’ve kept a good bond and everything so the feel for USF for me hasn’t changed.”
Johnson is a slot-type receiver who Hayes says “has a strong upper body and can fill any of the wide-receiver roles.” He runs a 4.47 40-yard dash. He is ranked among the top 100 players in Florida and caught 104 passes for 1,699 yards and 17 touchdowns during his sophomore and junior years.