Most Recent Posts
- Guest post: Schedule ‘custom made’ for Calipari’s Cats to improve now
- Despite 8th double-double, UK freshman Julius Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
- Limited number of eRUPPTion Zone tickets for Belmont, Mississippi State available
- Freshman star Julius Randle admits UK ‘harder’ than expected, but nothing ‘I can’t handle’
- Kentucky athletics director Mitch Barnhart wants to “create great environment with students” around recruiting room
- Kentucky running back JoJo Kemp: “It’s all about the program, not me, and I like that we are getting good people.”
- Boise St. coach Leon Rice: “I have never ever underestimated” Calipari
- How close is Kentucky to being “unleashed?”
By LARRY VAUGHT
How good is Kentucky freshman Julius Randle? So good that Rob Lunder of Rant Sports already is speculating on what a good fit he would be for the Boston Celtics in the 2014 NBA draft.
Lunder speculates that Randle will go from two to five in the draft — he concedes Andrew Wiggins will be the first pick — depending on team needs.
Here is part of what Lunder wrote on rantsports.com about Randle:
“Randle would be a tremendous fit for the Celtics moving forward. He would be the team’s future at the power forward position and give the organization a second potential star player, assuming point guard Rajon Rondo is still with the franchise next summer. Randle is a powerful lefty who has a wide array of post moves and has excellent athleticism as well. Pairing him with current rookie forward Kelly Olynyk would give the Celtics a solid front court rotation for the future. Olynyk would help space the floor for Randle with his outside shooting.
“Randle is much more of a post player and has drawn a number of similarities to current Memphis forward Zach Randolph. Randolph has been a pretty nice player in this league for a long time and Randle might have even more potential in the prime of his career. Randle should be a 20-10 player after spending a few years in the league working on his skills.”
Again, strong praise for a guy yet to play his first college game, but it also shows just how good Randle is and should be for UK.
Lunder covers the Boston Celtics for Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @rlunder18.