Most Recent Posts
- Calipari on Poythress: “He went from good to really good to great (in pracitce)”
- Calipari says Aaron Harrison has had “an edge to him that we need everybody to have”
- UK target Matt Elam on signee Drew Barker: “I am very comfortable with him because he is a laid-back kid”
- NBAdraftblog’s Isaacson says Andrew Harrison hasn’t shown “he is capable” of being NBA point guard
- Stoops says the “bonding” in 2014 recruiting class is “very unique”
- Caldwell County QB Elijah Sindelar says college choice based on what God wants, education and how he feels about staff
- Stoops on Hurtt: “That’s too easy of a target for me to go after”
- Guest Post: Maybe it’s time for fans to quit setting young Cats up for failure
By LARRY VAUGHT
Barring some unexpected last-minute maneuvering by Kentucky officials, the Wildcats are going to be headed to Birmingham to play in a bowl Jan. 8.
Kentucky players went into this season wanting to avoid playing in another bowl game in Tennessee. They accomplished that goal by managing to lose games they should have won and now they would love to be playing in the Music City Bowl or Liberty Bowl instead of the bowl in Birmingham.
And the real kicker is that UK very, very likely could have to play Louisville, the same team it beat to open the season. ThatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a nightmare ready to happen for UK fans.
But my question for you true Kentucky fans is this Ã¢â‚¬â€ will you go to Birmingham to see Kentucky play in a bowl game with a 6-6 record and coming off a 26th straight loss to Tennessee?
I know bowl officials were already wondering how Kentucky fans would travel this year. The economy is still struggling, going to a bowl is no longer a new thing and this team did not fare as well this year as Kentucky fans hoped and/or expected.
So let me know: Would you go to a bowl game in Birmingham Jan. 8 to watch Kentucky play? Tell me why you would or would not go.
Remember, bowl pairings will not be official until next Sunday, but it looks like KentuckyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s chance of being anywhere other than Birmingham for bowl season is the same as UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s chance of beating Tennessee Ã¢â‚¬â€ and we all know how that turned out.