Most Recent Posts
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
By LARRY VAUGHT
CBS Sports and ESPN have confirmed that Kentucky junior forward Kyle Wiltjer is transferring to Gonzaga, the school many thought he might choose when both Wiltjer and UK coach John Calipari released statements previously that he was considering a transfer.
There has been no official announcement from UK yet, but it gets Wiltjer back to a program he knows well on the west coast and one that has used players with similar skills to star in its system.
Wiltjer was the SEC Sixth Man of the Year and has made 90 3-pointers the last two seasons. However, the former McDonald’s All-American figured to be no more than a potential role player off the bench behind Julius Randle, Alex Poythress, Willie Cauley-Stein, Dakari Johnson and maybe even Marcus Lee this year.
This lets him transfer, work to improve his strength and quickness, and then have a chance to play far more minutes as a junior.