Most Recent Posts
- Calipari will be honorary pace car driver for Kentucky Speedway NASCAR race
- Neal Brown on Mobley, Sanders, Miller, Borden, Shields, Kendrick, Timmons and more
- Humphrey “grateful” that Archie Goodwin got to play under John Calipari
- Brown says line, receiver are offensive recruiting needs; OL Kelly commits
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
Kentucky’s Willie Cauley-Stein, a 7-foot, 244-pound freshman forward from Olathe, Kan., was named SEC Freshman of the Week after averaging 13.5 points, 9.8 rebounds and five blocks in wins over Vanderbilt and Missouri.
Cauley-Stein began the week by pouring in a career-high 20 points to couple with a team-high seven rebounds and three blocks. He made 8-of-10 field goals in the win over Vanderbilt.
In an overtime thriller against Missouri, Cauley-Stein altered the game defensively with a career-high seven blocked shots.
His 12 rebounds was a career-high tying, and it marked only the third game in his career with double-figure rebounding.