Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky senior Jon Hood named to SEC Community Service Team
- Future Cats Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis all will paly in Jordan Brand All-American Game
- John Calipari hopes “cooler heads” come together to change one-and-done to two-and-done
- Kentucky fourth No. 1 preseason team to drop totally out of AP top 25
- John Calipari says Cats have to be scrappier, play more physical and share the ball a lot better
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will work out with QB guru George Whitfield over spring break
- John Calipari says great players make 2-on-1 look simple and UK “makes those look harder”
- John Calipari: “… just keep making that pass. Make it 22 times”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Where were the fans for UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Senior Day?
Yes, I know it was an early kickoff. Yes, I know Commonwealth Stadium had plenty of empty seats when the game started.
But why were there fewer than 20,000 fans in the stadium when UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 16 seniors were honored Saturday before the Wildcats beat Vanderbilt.
ThatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a topic we debated on WLAP during our Sunday Morning Sports Show and I asked for fans to let us know what happened. Some suggested the early start. Some suggested lack of interest in a team that was not entertaining enough. Some suggested UK had done too many things to alienate fans by raising ticket and parking prices.
However, here is one explanation from listener Kathy Taylor that I could not fault. She sent this e-mail to the show:
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Hey guys.. Here’s one story from a couple fansÃ‚Â who never miss Senior Day.Ã‚Â My son and I stopped at Central Baptist hospital to visit my new great niece/his new second cousin before walking over to the stadium. We were late because weÃ‚Â had to wait for a nurse to finish in the room before we could go in.Ã‚Â She’d had a pretty rocky beginning to her new life and this was our first chance to actually hold her.Ã‚Â Thankfully, all is well now.Ã‚Â Sorry guys, our heart was in the right place!Ã¢â‚¬Â
Take a look at the picture of Taylor with her great niece and certainly all is forgiven with her.
But if you went to the game and didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t make the Senior Day ceremony, just let me know why. If you had tickets and didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t even go to the game, let me know why. If you did watch the ceremony, let me know why you did attend.
Just trying to figure out why there was such a low turnout on a perfect weather day for seniors who have helped elevate the Kentucky program to where it has been bowl eligible every year they have been at Kentucky.