Most Recent Posts
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
- Mike Douglas feels like “old man on the block” but knows he can help defensive line
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
- Marcus Lee to Return for Sophomore Season at UK
- Mark Stoops says offense “took a little step back” in Friday’s practice
Which newcomers should make the biggest impact for UK against Western Kentucky tonight?
“That’s a good question. Ryan Timmons is a guy that we all are excited about. He’ll be out there. He’ll play quite a bit. Javess Blue, who’s not a youngster — he’s a junior college transfer. We expect a lot out of Javess. Jason Hatcher has been very impressive throughout camp,” UK coach Mark Stoops said.
“Alex (Montgomery). I’ve been bragging on him. Alex has been extremely good through camp, expect to see him out there quite a bit.”
What is there about Hatcher that stands out?
“He’s got a motor. He’s very explosive, and it’s important to him. So we expect him to contribute. He’s got a little bit more depth in front of him. And he’s had a few nagging injuries through camp that have slowed him a little bit. Nothing major. He’s missed a little time that’s put him behind,” Stoops said