Most Recent Posts
- Embracing the role of the punter is Landon Foster’s specialty
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
- John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: “I never even talked to him about coming back”
- John Calipari says summer tour “will probably be something with World Games;” has not interviewed possible assistants yet
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson sees Alex Poythress as early second round pick, not sure Dakari Johnson goes in 1st round
- Mark Stoops explains why providing unlimited meals, snacks for athletes is right thing to do
By LARRY VAUGHT
What has John Calipari been doing to try instill more energy into his team?
“We’ve done some things. I’m not going to talk about some of the things we did, because they’re really interesting and outside the box. I think I’m going to do it another week or so and I may tell everybody what we’re doing, because it’s really – I don’t know if anybody else is doing it. It really makes you aware of if you’re working or not,” Calipari said Friday.
What kind of “outside the box tactics?” Why not let everyone know what they are?
“Because I’m not ready to – and it’s my choice,” Calipari said. “You’ll find out. It’s all about everything inclusive, including diet and calories and all the other stuff that – look, I like to have experts talk, not someone that says, ‘Well you don’t have all the facts.’ What do you do? ‘Well I’m a writer.’ What do you know about diet? How about this professional over here? ‘Aw, he doesn’t know all the facts.’ What? What do you know about eating? So what I like to do is before, I want to get all the stuff that’s professionally done so we know: now here are numbers; these don’t lie, and here’s where we got them. But we’re not quite ready for that yet. But we will be.”