Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
What has John Calipari been doing to try instill more energy into his team?
“We’ve done some things. I’m not going to talk about some of the things we did, because they’re really interesting and outside the box. I think I’m going to do it another week or so and I may tell everybody what we’re doing, because it’s really – I don’t know if anybody else is doing it. It really makes you aware of if you’re working or not,” Calipari said Friday.
What kind of “outside the box tactics?” Why not let everyone know what they are?
“Because I’m not ready to – and it’s my choice,” Calipari said. “You’ll find out. It’s all about everything inclusive, including diet and calories and all the other stuff that – look, I like to have experts talk, not someone that says, ‘Well you don’t have all the facts.’ What do you do? ‘Well I’m a writer.’ What do you know about diet? How about this professional over here? ‘Aw, he doesn’t know all the facts.’ What? What do you know about eating? So what I like to do is before, I want to get all the stuff that’s professionally done so we know: now here are numbers; these don’t lie, and here’s where we got them. But we’re not quite ready for that yet. But we will be.”