Most Recent Posts
- High school coach says he’s heard “no NBA talk” from Andrew or Aaron Harrison
- Playing No. 1 Florida “just going to be another game” for James Young
- John Calipari: UK needs Alex Poythress to “do two or three things on offense” and no more
- Kentucky gets the Gator off its back, beats Florida 75-70 in SEC semis
- Willie Cauley-Stein says Cats “obviously 100 percent” believe they can beat No. 1 Florida
- John Calipari has assigned assistants to monitor players’ minutes in games
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: How you approach the end
- John Calipari says Kentucky must “make some jump shots” to play with Florida
By LARRY VAUGHT
What has John Calipari been doing to try instill more energy into his team?
“We’ve done some things. I’m not going to talk about some of the things we did, because they’re really interesting and outside the box. I think I’m going to do it another week or so and I may tell everybody what we’re doing, because it’s really – I don’t know if anybody else is doing it. It really makes you aware of if you’re working or not,” Calipari said Friday.
What kind of “outside the box tactics?” Why not let everyone know what they are?
“Because I’m not ready to – and it’s my choice,” Calipari said. “You’ll find out. It’s all about everything inclusive, including diet and calories and all the other stuff that – look, I like to have experts talk, not someone that says, ‘Well you don’t have all the facts.’ What do you do? ‘Well I’m a writer.’ What do you know about diet? How about this professional over here? ‘Aw, he doesn’t know all the facts.’ What? What do you know about eating? So what I like to do is before, I want to get all the stuff that’s professionally done so we know: now here are numbers; these don’t lie, and here’s where we got them. But we’re not quite ready for that yet. But we will be.”