Most Recent Posts
- Cornerback Nate Willis needs surgery for sports hernia
- NCAA would not let John Calipari and wife set up fund to pay for education of players’ children
- NBADraftBlog.com’s Ed Isaacson on Julius Randle, James Young
- John Calipari admits he was “scared to death” of “rock star” Bill O’Reilly
- Embracing the role of the punter is Landon Foster’s specialty
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
By LARRY VAUGHT
Okay, the main question for Kentucky fans remains: What will Andrew Wiggins do?
But for true UK football fans, there’s another question that is going to linger even longer without an answer: Who will be the starting quarterback when UK opens the Mark Stoops era against Western Kentucky on Aug. 31 in Nashville?
No, I don’t know. But here’s what offensive coordinator Brown says about the attributes a great quarterback should have in his system:
“Off the field things are the number one thing. He has to been a man of character. He has to be a tremendous leader. He’s got to work tremendously hard. Those are the things. Second thing, he has to be a good decision-maker. These are football aspects now. He has to be a good decision-maker. He has to be accurate with the football. Those are the two top priorities. That’s what we’ll instill in these guys, the three guys that are here. From a recruiting standpoint from here on out, those are the top priorities to look for.”