Most Recent Posts
- NCAA trends: Scoring, FG percent up, fouls up; turnovers downs
- Center Jon Toth named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- So you want to be a photographer? Clay Jackson shows the hazards of the profession
- Cauley-Stein on comparison to Rodman: “I ain’t wearing no wedding dress or nothing.”
- UK freshman James Young on team’s effort against Boise State: “We wanted to prove a lot of people wrong”
- John Calipari and Rick Pitino part of new CBS Sports series “NCAA Men of March”
- Guest post: Schedule ‘custom made’ for Calipari’s Cats to improve now
- Despite 8th double-double, UK freshman Julius Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Okay, the main question for Kentucky fans remains: What will Andrew Wiggins do?
But for true UK football fans, there’s another question that is going to linger even longer without an answer: Who will be the starting quarterback when UK opens the Mark Stoops era against Western Kentucky on Aug. 31 in Nashville?
No, I don’t know. But here’s what offensive coordinator Brown says about the attributes a great quarterback should have in his system:
“Off the field things are the number one thing. He has to been a man of character. He has to be a tremendous leader. He’s got to work tremendously hard. Those are the things. Second thing, he has to be a good decision-maker. These are football aspects now. He has to be a good decision-maker. He has to be accurate with the football. Those are the two top priorities. That’s what we’ll instill in these guys, the three guys that are here. From a recruiting standpoint from here on out, those are the top priorities to look for.”