Most Recent Posts
- LSU’s Johnny O’Bryant on UK: “We’re not scared of nobody”
- Dick Vitale says Willie Cauley-Stein “biggest teaser in college basketball”
- Seth Greenberg says UK lacks “strong voice in locker room”
- LSU freshman Jordan Mickey “wanted another shot at Kentucky”
- Guest post: Even with long-distance challenges, team struggles fan happy to be part of BBN
- Dick Vitale says UK “major disappointment”; Seth Greenberg says Cats have “to check their egos”
- Patrick Patterson’s NBA success no surprise to former UK assistant Glynn Cyprien
- Former UK star, current Denver Bronco Jacob Tamme speaks at Governor’s Prayer Breakfast
By LARRY VAUGHT
How damaging was Kentucky’s loss at Alabama Tuesday night?
Here’s what Oscar Combs, former publisher of The Cats’ Pause, posted on Twitter after UK’s miserable second-half performance cost the Cats a needed SEC win: “Bad, bad loss in Tuscaloosa tonight for Cats at hands of Bama. Barring a split with Fla & wins over Ole Miss or Mizzou, UK headed to NIT.”
NIT? A year after a national championship and with the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class? Yes, it could happen. Remember, UK won the 1978 national title and then played in the 1979 NIT. But that 1979 team didn’t start the season ranked in the top 10.
So what’s wrong with this Kentucky team? Guard play. Lack of depth. Youth. Lack of talent. Coaching.
You tell me what you think.