Most Recent Posts
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
Former Kentucky men’s basketball All-Americans DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall will be suiting up for the Red, White and Blue this summer as members of the 2012 USA Men’s Select Team that will train against the 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team during its July 6-12 training camp in Las Vegas, Nev.
Cousins just completed his second season in the NBA with the Sacramento Kings where he averaged a double-double with 18.1 ppg (second best on the team) and team-leading 11.0 rpg. He led the NBA in offensive rebounds (265) and offensive rebounds per game (4.1) in the regular season and fourth overall in rebounding. He recorded 36 double-doubles, sixth most in the league.
Wall just finished his second season in the NBA with the Washington Wizards where he averaged team highs in points (16.3) and assists (8.0), while adding 4.5 rebounds and 1.4 steals per contest in 66 games (all starts). He finished seventh in the NBA in assists per game and led Washington in total points (1,076), assists (530), steals (95), minutes played (2,386), field goals made (378) and free-throws made (317).
Both Cousins and Wall were embers of USA Junior National Select teams that competed in the Nike Hoop Summit.
Members of the USA Select Team will assemble in Las Vegas and conduct a training session July 5, then train with the USA National Team July 6-11 (12:00-3:00 p.m. PDT). All practices will take place at UNLV’s Mendenhall Center.