Most Recent Posts
- Calipari will be honorary pace car driver for Kentucky Speedway NASCAR race
- Neal Brown on Mobley, Sanders, Miller, Borden, Shields, Kendrick, Timmons and more
- Humphrey “grateful” that Archie Goodwin got to play under John Calipari
- Brown says line, receiver are offensive recruiting needs; OL Kelly commits
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky senior Eloy Vargas was happy his mother got to watch him play for the first time in the United States.â€ˆHe got in only two minutes in the first half of Fridayâ€™s win, but he was thrilled she got to see him even play.
â€œYes, she was here and that was very nice,â€ Vargas said. â€œWe had this planned. She did not get to come for Senior Night, so now she had a chance to come.â€
His mother lives in the Dominican Republic and had not seen him since he was home in the summer trying out for a spot on the national team coached by Calipari. She will be in the U.S. staying in Florida until he graduates in May.
â€œI appreciate coach Cal letting me play with her here,â€ Vargas said. â€œThatâ€™s the first time for her to see me play here. I knew where she was. I knew where the families were sitting and this time Iâ€ˆhad her there. That was really nice.â€