Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
By LARRY VAUGHT
Arkansas coach John Pelphrey doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t mind talking about how good the Kentucky team this year is.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“One of the better defensive teams in our league, one of better rebounding teams in our league, the best 3-point shooting team in our league. Very well coached. Explosive talent,Ã¢â‚¬Â Pelphrey said about Kentucky.Ã‚Â Ã¢â‚¬Å“They are outstanding. Their team is dynamic with the talent they have in terms of scoring in transition, at the rim, from the 3-point line. Just playing very well.Ã¢â‚¬Â
The Arkansas coach says itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not hard to see why Kentucky is giving up just 63.8 points per game. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Very hard playing bunch of guys. They play together. They obviously have size and length. Just an outstanding defensive team,Ã¢â‚¬Â Pelphrey said.
He also thinks the freshman trio of Brandon Knight, Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb has been exceptional for UK this season. They are averaging a combined 49.1 points, 15.3 rebounds and 7.9 assists per game.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“They have been doing great. Obviously, any time a freshman comes into college basketball and has a chance to play and compete it is pretty special. Look at what they have done and not only have they competed in college basketball, but they have gone to Kentucky, a place that has won more games than anybody, and they haveÃ‚Â been outstanding. They more than lived up to the billing,Ã¢â‚¬Â Pelphrey said.