Most Recent Posts
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
- What would you like to ask UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown?
- Orlando Sentinel analyst Chris Hays on other possible UK recuriting targets in central Florida
- Orlando Sentinel analyst Chris Hays expects Firios to be impact player at UK
- Terrence Jones’ kindness to young cancer survivor will not be forgotten in Taylorsville
- Ohio four-star receiver picks Alabama over Kentucky
- Guest post: Even at age 8, UK Landon Young was “unbelievably coachable”
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky will wear an alternate away uniform design for the Saturday, Feb. 16 contest at Tennessee. UK will suit up in blue Nike Hyper Elite jerseys and shorts as one of 12 select institutions chosen to wear commemorative uniforms on a one-time basis this season.
This marks the second time this season UK has participated in wearing an alternate uniform, as the Wildcats also opened the 2012-13 campaign against Maryland in commemorative home white uniforms.
The Nike Hyper Elite jerseys and shorts offer lightweight performance through sustainable materials. A UK interlocking logo was inspired by Kentucky’s home court, appears on the jersey’s center chest. Nike dubs the look as a “piece of home away from home to wear with pride.” The back nameplate features iconic references to the team’s mascot and home crowd. The team is also slated to wear a Hyper Elite warm-up hoody for the first time as well.
Gonzaga, Michigan State, Baylor, Villanova, Southern California, Ohio State and North Carolina have revealed the new designs. Coming up:
• Stanford Cardinal (Women): Feb. 15
• Georgetown Hoyas: Feb. 15
• Kentucky Wildcats: Feb. 16
• Duke Blue Devils: Feb. 16
• Texas Longhorns: Feb. 16
• Connecticut Huskies (Women): March 4
The UK at Tennessee game is set for a 1 p.m. ET tip and will air live on CBS.