Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
The consensus is that John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam will pick between Kentucky, Alabama and Louisville, much like Conner quarterback Drew Barker did when he picked the Wildcats over South Carolina and Tennessee. While he acknowledges out of the offers he’s received that he would call them the “frontrunners,” he made it sound like Louisville is a distant third during his time on WLAP Sunday morning with Anthony White, Ryan Lemond and myself.
“I want to stick with the SEC, but Louisville is close to home,” Elam said. “However, I think I will stick to SEC football over anything.”
He says his mom supports any decision he makes, but he knows she would “love” having a short trip to Lexington to visit or see him play. “It makes it a little harder knowing she wants me to stay. It’s crazy,” Elam said.