Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari says only way to end freefall is for players “to do this together”
- Kentucky senior Jon Hood named to SEC Community Service Team
- Future Cats Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis all will paly in Jordan Brand All-American Game
- John Calipari hopes “cooler heads” come together to change one-and-done to two-and-done
- Kentucky fourth No. 1 preseason team to drop totally out of AP top 25
- John Calipari says Cats have to be scrappier, play more physical and share the ball a lot better
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will work out with QB guru George Whitfield over spring break
- John Calipari says great players make 2-on-1 look simple and UK “makes those look harder”
By LARRY VAUGHT
The consensus is that John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam will pick between Kentucky, Alabama and Louisville, much like Conner quarterback Drew Barker did when he picked the Wildcats over South Carolina and Tennessee. While he acknowledges out of the offers he’s received that he would call them the “frontrunners,” he made it sound like Louisville is a distant third during his time on WLAP Sunday morning with Anthony White, Ryan Lemond and myself.
“I want to stick with the SEC, but Louisville is close to home,” Elam said. “However, I think I will stick to SEC football over anything.”
He says his mom supports any decision he makes, but he knows she would “love” having a short trip to Lexington to visit or see him play. “It makes it a little harder knowing she wants me to stay. It’s crazy,” Elam said.