Most Recent Posts
- UK TV Video: UK Hoops celebrates 4-OT win over Baylor
- Postgame notes from UK Hoops’ 133-130 win over Baylor
- O’Neill, UK women top Baylor 133-130 in 4 OTs
- Final Hoop Fest schedule for Saturday
- Revised Marshall County Hoop Fest schedule on Saturday
- Video: UK TV interviews Julius Randle and Dominique Hawkins prior to the matchup with Baylor
- Weather delays HoopFest, Lyles will play twice on Saturday
- Numbers project a 75-68 Kentucky win over Baylor
By LARRY VAUGHT
The consensus is that John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam will pick between Kentucky, Alabama and Louisville, much like Conner quarterback Drew Barker did when he picked the Wildcats over South Carolina and Tennessee. While he acknowledges out of the offers he’s received that he would call them the “frontrunners,” he made it sound like Louisville is a distant third during his time on WLAP Sunday morning with Anthony White, Ryan Lemond and myself.
“I want to stick with the SEC, but Louisville is close to home,” Elam said. “However, I think I will stick to SEC football over anything.”
He says his mom supports any decision he makes, but he knows she would “love” having a short trip to Lexington to visit or see him play. “It makes it a little harder knowing she wants me to stay. It’s crazy,” Elam said.