Most Recent Posts
- Video: UK Dance Team selling autographed calendars and posters
- Photo Gallery: UK tops Belmont 93-80
- Belmont coach on Randle: “Nothing worked. We couldn’t stop him”
- UK coach John Calipari had “same scene” he did with Nerlens Noel when he told son he tore his ACL
- Jarrod Polson and Dominique Hawkins brought energy, emotion Cats need more of
- Kentucky-Belmont postgame notes and numbers
- Barnhart on stadium: “We wanted to bring fans tighter to the action”
- Willie Cauley-Stein says even “killers” still have to learn to play “their absolute best”
By LARRY VAUGHT
BENTON — Kentucky signee Derek Willis of Bullitt East doesn’t know where Huntington Prep standout Andrew Wiggins will play his college basketball, but he offered his opinion while he was at the Marshall County Hoop Fest.
Question: Do you try to watch and learn things from players like the Harrison twins, Andrew Wiggins, Cliff Alexander and others when you are at an event like the Marshall County Hoop Fest?
Willis: “I supported my team and had a good time with my team, but you have to learn. I watched Wiggins. I watch everybody’s highlight video. I learn new things not just from other recruits, but from NBA players. I watch Larry Bird’s old videos. Just anybody.”
Question: What do you think when you watch Wiggins’ highlights considering he’s not only a UK recruiting target, but also the nation’s No. 1 recruit?
Willis: “He’s just a freak, and I mean that in a good way. He’s just a freak athlete. He has a lot of big things coming towards him and I am sure he realizes that. He is the best player in my opinion that I have seen in my whole life.”
Question: Do you think Kentucky will add Wiggins to your recruiting class?
Willis: “I would say we will. I would say we would get him before Julius Randle if Julius Randle even comes. But either one of them, you can’t go wrong. Either would be great.”