Most Recent Posts
- Young Kentucky fan (@nosidam__) shares her passion for Kentucky sports
- Stoops: UK-Louisville future games “up to our administration” but “not interested” in 9 SEC games
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands obstacles, challenges at UK but “we’re going to play to win”
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
By LARRY VAUGHT
BENTON — Kentucky signee Derek Willis of Bullitt East doesn’t know where Huntington Prep standout Andrew Wiggins will play his college basketball, but he offered his opinion while he was at the Marshall County Hoop Fest.
Question: Do you try to watch and learn things from players like the Harrison twins, Andrew Wiggins, Cliff Alexander and others when you are at an event like the Marshall County Hoop Fest?
Willis: “I supported my team and had a good time with my team, but you have to learn. I watched Wiggins. I watch everybody’s highlight video. I learn new things not just from other recruits, but from NBA players. I watch Larry Bird’s old videos. Just anybody.”
Question: What do you think when you watch Wiggins’ highlights considering he’s not only a UK recruiting target, but also the nation’s No. 1 recruit?
Willis: “He’s just a freak, and I mean that in a good way. He’s just a freak athlete. He has a lot of big things coming towards him and I am sure he realizes that. He is the best player in my opinion that I have seen in my whole life.”
Question: Do you think Kentucky will add Wiggins to your recruiting class?
Willis: “I would say we will. I would say we would get him before Julius Randle if Julius Randle even comes. But either one of them, you can’t go wrong. Either would be great.”