Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
- WR Blake Bone can be flamboyant, different but he says “my only mission is to catch the ball”
- Julius Randle adds USBWA all-district honor
- Julius Randle SEC freshman of year; James Young, Willie Cauley-Stein honored
- Kris Bentley of Sundy Best says performing at UK “one of the coolest things we’ve ever done”
- John Calipari: “I’ve think we’ve done right by these kids (who have gone to the NBA early”
- Father says transfer speculation never bothered Kentucky QB Patrick Towles
- John Calipari says only way to end freefall is for players “to do this together”
LEXINGTON, Ky. Ã¢â‚¬â€œ The University of Kentucky menÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s basketball program has released additional televised non-conference games for the 2011-12 season, including the annual Blue-White scrimmage and both exhibition games.
CBS Sports will televise five games, adding the North Carolina (Dec. 3) and Louisville (Dec. 31) games to the three UK conference games announced earlier.
The ESPN family of networks will broadcast 16 Kentucky menÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s basketball games this season. Nine Southeastern Conference games were previously selected and seven non-conference games were selected. The Penn State (Nov. 19 on ESPN3.com), Old Dominion/South Florida (Nov. 20 on ESPNU), Indiana (Dec. 10 on ESPN), Samford (Dec. 20 on ESPN2) and Lamar (Dec. 28 on ESPNU) games were added, along with previously released games vs. Kansas (Nov. 15 on ESPN) in the Champions Classic and St. JohnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s (Dec. 1 on ESPN2) as part of the Big East/SEC Challenge.
The UK IMG Sports Network and FS South will both televise the Blue-White scrimmage (Oct. 26) and the Transylvania (Nov. 2) exhibition game live.
FS South picked up the majority of UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s non-conference games, including the Morehouse (Nov. 7) exhibition game, as well as Marist (Nov. 11), Radford (Nov. 23), Portland (Nov. 26), Loyola-Md. (Dec. 22) and Arkansas-Little Rock (Jan. 3).
The UK-Tennessee-Chattanooga game on Dec. 17 will be televised by CSS.
Big Blue Madness will once again be televised by the UK IMG Sports Network (UK IMG) and FS South. Madness, the first public practice opportunity for KentuckyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2011-12 menÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s and womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s basketball teams, is Friday, Oct. 14. Times and any additional broadcast information will be released at a later date.
UK IMG will tape delay all games carried live by FS South, excluding the Loyola-Md. Game.