Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
- John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: “I never even talked to him about coming back”
- John Calipari says summer tour “will probably be something with World Games;” has not interviewed possible assistants yet
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson sees Alex Poythress as early second round pick, not sure Dakari Johnson goes in 1st round
- Mark Stoops explains why providing unlimited meals, snacks for athletes is right thing to do
- NBAdraftblog.com’s Ed Isaacson sees Andrew, Aaron Harrison in lower part of NBA first round
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Humbled by the devastation of Superstorm Sandy, the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team, in conjunction with WKYT, will host a telethon Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 7-8 p.m. ET. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit the victims of the catastrophic storm.
The telethon will air throughout the state on UK/IMG Sports Network affiliates, as members of the UK men’s basketball team will take phone calls and donations. More details and telethon phone numbers will be released later.
During non-telethon hours, people can call the Red Cross at 859.253.1331 or 800.RED.CROSS. Donations will also be accepted at www.redcross.org.
The special event will also stream live at WKYT.com.
For more information from the Red Cross, contact Winn Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.