Most Recent Posts
- Cats return To Rupp for month, won’t travel again until Jan. 11
- Matthew Mitchell on ‘dynamic’ Duke, NCAA seeding, Rupp crowd, Stallworth, Epps and more
- BBN Cares helps special UK fan get chance to see Cats play Belmont
- Future UK running back Mikel Horton named to Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl
- Stoops says “comfort level is much greater” at Kentucky now
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson says UK freshmen are “very low on the learning curve of actual basketball knowledge”
- Calipari on inspiring players, more emotional bench, Anthony Davis, Belmont and more
- Cauley-Stein says change coming because “Cal’s going to get it out of us”
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Humbled by the devastation of Superstorm Sandy, the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team, in conjunction with WKYT, will host a telethon Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 7-8 p.m. ET. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit the victims of the catastrophic storm.
The telethon will air throughout the state on UK/IMG Sports Network affiliates, as members of the UK men’s basketball team will take phone calls and donations. More details and telethon phone numbers will be released later.
During non-telethon hours, people can call the Red Cross at 859.253.1331 or 800.RED.CROSS. Donations will also be accepted at www.redcross.org.
The special event will also stream live at WKYT.com.
For more information from the Red Cross, contact Winn Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.