Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky gets the Gator off its back, beats Florida 75-70 in SEC semis
- Willie Cauley-Stein says Cats “obviously 100 percent” believe they can beat No. 1 Florida
- John Calipari has assigned assistants to monitor players’ minutes in games
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: How you approach the end
- John Calipari says Kentucky must “make some jump shots” to play with Florida
- John Calipari: “To have people say this team is done, I just don’t believe it”
- Jarrod Polson, Jon Hood will be “getting in their ears” to tell teammates about March play
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas has fun watching Gators, a team without “big shots going pro” after one year
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Humbled by the devastation of Superstorm Sandy, the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team, in conjunction with WKYT, will host a telethon Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 7-8 p.m. ET. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit the victims of the catastrophic storm.
The telethon will air throughout the state on UK/IMG Sports Network affiliates, as members of the UK men’s basketball team will take phone calls and donations. More details and telethon phone numbers will be released later.
During non-telethon hours, people can call the Red Cross at 859.253.1331 or 800.RED.CROSS. Donations will also be accepted at www.redcross.org.
The special event will also stream live at WKYT.com.
For more information from the Red Cross, contact Winn Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.