Most Recent Posts
- UK signee Marcus Lee overcame early education struggles to succeed in academics, athletics
- No. 12 Kentucky and No. 5 Arizona State to start best-of-three NCAA Super Regional set Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Stoops: Hiring Neal Brown to run Kentucky offense was a “no-brainer for me”
- Nunley, Cumbess Propel No. 12 UK Softball to Super Regionals
- DeCourcy says Julius Randle is “so freaking quick” and powerful he will be special
- UK football coach Mark Stoops on wife: “She gets involved as much as she can in a supportive role”
- Swiss Cat – Vacation notes and photos from Larry from his trip to Switzerland.
- Kentucky softball team earns 40th win to tie school record for most wins in a season
Kentucky Basketball Postgame Notes
Kentucky at LSU
February 6, 2010
Pete Maravich Assembly Center Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Baton Rouge, La.
– Kentucky improves to 22-1, 7-1 SEC on the season. LSU falls to 9-14, 0-9.
– UK is 79-24 against the Tigers and 28-16 in Baton Rouge.
– TodayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s game was the 107th anniversary of the first game in UK history. The Wildcats lost a 16-5 to Georgetown College.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Kentucky will be in action again Tuesday, returning home to host Alabama. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. with the game being televised on ESPNU.
Team game notes Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darnell Dodson, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the second straight game. Kentucky is 2-0 with that starting five.
– The Wildcats played in their blue uniforms for the sixth time this season. The Cats are 5-1 in their road blues.
– DeMarcus Cousins won the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 18 times this season.
– DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton were the first subs off the bench for Kentucky. It was OrtonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s team leading 13th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench and the third time for Liggins.
– Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 734 games, the third longest streak in the country.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– After falling behind 6-1 early, the Wildcats went on a 33-4 run to take the lead for good.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– The Wildcats carried a 42-14 lead into halftime. UK is 18-1 and 6-1 when leading or tied at the half.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– UK allowed only 14 first half points to the Tigers, the fewest by an opponent this season and the fewest since allowing only 13 to Indiana in the 2009 season.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– KentuckyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 26-point margin of victory was its largest in the series since a 30-point win (76-46) in the 2000 season.
Individual game notes
#3 Darnell DodsonÃ¢â‚¬Â¨– Started his third straight game.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Has hit a three-pointer in seven-straight games.
#4 Jon HoodÃ¢â‚¬Â¨– Hit his second three-pointer in conference play and first since Arkansas game.
#11 John WallÃ¢â‚¬Â¨– Became the fourth freshman in UK history to hit 100 free throws in his rookie campaign. DeMarcus Cousins became the third earlier in the game.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨Ã¢â‚¬Â¨#15 DeMarcus CousinsÃ¢â‚¬Â¨– Became the third freshman in UK history to hit 100 free throws in his rookie campaign.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Scored 15 points in the first half, his fifth straight game in double-digits.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Over last five games, is averaging 11.8 (59) points and 7.6 (38) rebounds in first half. Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Recorded his sixth straight double-double, the first Wildcat since Chris Mills in the 1989 season to tally six-straight double-doubles. It was his 14th of the season, the most in a season since Jamaal Magloire recorded 15 in the 2000 season.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Has scored in double-figures in 15 straight games, becoming the first Wildcat to do so since Jodie Meeks in the 2009 season.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Moved to seventh on UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all-time freshman scoring list with 377 points.
#24 Eric BledsoeÃ¢â‚¬Â¨– Finished with four steals and has 11 steals in his last three games.
#34 DeAndre LigginsÃ¢â‚¬Â¨– Pulled down a career high eight rebounds.
#54 Patrick PattersonÃ¢â‚¬Â¨– Moved to 24th on UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all-time scoring list with 1,368 points.Ã¢â‚¬Â¨– Finished with 16 points, the most since tallying 17 against Georgia.