Most Recent Posts
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
- Dakari Johnson appreciated the way Kentucky fans “stuck with us”
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky got a huge 2014 commitment from Florida defensive end Denzel Ware Monday, so I called his high school and got an interesting response from the principal there:
“Denzel Ware is not currently attending school at Crestview High School. He is in the process of withdrawing to enroll in Opp HS in Opp, AL, where his mother lives. Denzel had been living with a family in Crestview who had legal guardianship of him. They are upset about him leaving and do not want to be identified. I was told he de-committed to FSU last week but had no idea he was considering UK. Crestview High’s FB coach, Kevin Pettis resigned in late January to take the head FB position at Sebastian River HS in Indian River Co, FL. We are in a nation-wide search for our new coach.
“As former Wildcat FB player, I was hoping that, when Coach Stoops came to UK, Denzel would think about going there. I now have very mixed emotions about it. Denzel left Crestview High the day before the start of the district basketball tourney. He was starting center on our BB team. Myself and our head basketball coach begged him to stay through the season but he would not stay. We lost the first-round game.
“I wish Denzel the very best in his senior year at Opp and at UK.”
Bob Jones, Principal
Crestview High School