Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
By LARRY VAUGHT
NASHVILLE Ã¢â‚¬â€ Sometimes it is just fun to see how much University of Kentucky fans truly do love the Wildcats.
I got to see that here again Saturday night during the annual Music City Bowl Battle of the Bands, an event that through the Kentucky and Clemson marching bands, cheerleaders, dance teams and fans together downtown for a fun-filled 90 minutes.
No one seem to worry about the blustery, cold weather as they exchanged cheers and good-natured jabs.
And it was no surprise that the Kentucky faithful once again outnumbered the Clemson fans. It should be the same way at tonightÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Music City Bowl when the Big Blue fans could make the difference in who wins the game with their support of the Wildcats.
I ran into a variety of UK fans during the Battle of the Bands. Some I already know. Some I had never met. But what was clear was that they all were in Nashville because they truly loved their Wildcats.
And the Music City Bowl folks were again very, very glad to have Kentucky here. Another big crowd of UK fans is expected at tonightÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s game and even coach Rich Brooks found a way to brag on UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fan at his Saturday press conference.
Scores of fans were in the downtown Nashville area Saturday night. It didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t matter which restaurant or entertainment establishment you were in, the blue shirts dominated the crowd and made it clear they loved their Cats.
* * *
Several fans have already indicated they will send posts for me to share with you about their Music City Bowl experiences. If you would like to share how your trip to Nashville went, just send it to me at email@example.com and I will post it for all to see.