Most Recent Posts
- Barnhart on stadium: “We wanted to bring fans tighter to the action”
- Willie Cauley-Stein says even “killers” still have to learn to play “their absolute best”
- Cats return To Rupp for month, won’t travel again until Jan. 11
- Matthew Mitchell on ‘dynamic’ Duke, NCAA seeding, Rupp crowd, Stallworth, Epps and more
- BBN Cares helps special UK fan get chance to see Cats play Belmont
- Future UK running back Mikel Horton named to Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl
- Stoops says “comfort level is much greater” at Kentucky now
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson says UK freshmen are “very low on the learning curve of actual basketball knowledge”
By LARRY VAUGHT
A University of Kentucky official confirmed Saturday that UK had reported a secondary rules violation to the NCAA.
I asked DeWayne Peevy, associate athletics director for media relations,Ã‚Â this question: Did Kentucky report a secondary rules violation involving Bilal Batley being in the gym with a player during July? Peevy’s e-mail reply was one word Ã¢â‚¬â€ yes.
Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News first reported Friday afternoon that Batley visited a UK practice to consult with a player about an academic issue and while he was in the gym was seen rebounding shots for a player Ã¢â‚¬â€ which violates a NCAA rule because of the time of the year. That’s why UK decided to report it as a secondary Ã¢â‚¬â€ or minor Ã¢â‚¬â€ violation.
Batley resigned last week. No reason has been given for his departure but several sources have indicated he wanted to return home to Texas to be with an ailing family member.