Most Recent Posts
- Quarterback Jalen Whitlow’s transfer best for him and Kentucky, too
- Neal Brown “disappointed” but understands why QB Jalen Whitlow will transfer rather than change positions
- Karl Towns expects to have a “blast” playing at UK with Willie Cauley-Stein
- UK offensive line not ready to “manhandle people in the SEC” but Mark Stoops expects improvement
- UK announces quarterback Jalen Whitlow plans to transfer
- Sports Illustrated rates Trey Lyles as top five player, intriguing point-forward for Kentucky
- Guest post: After surprising finish, now is not the time to judge players who leave for NBA
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
By LARRY VAUGHT
A University of Kentucky official confirmed Saturday that UK had reported a secondary rules violation to the NCAA.
I asked DeWayne Peevy, associate athletics director for media relations,Ã‚Â this question: Did Kentucky report a secondary rules violation involving Bilal Batley being in the gym with a player during July? Peevy’s e-mail reply was one word Ã¢â‚¬â€ yes.
Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News first reported Friday afternoon that Batley visited a UK practice to consult with a player about an academic issue and while he was in the gym was seen rebounding shots for a player Ã¢â‚¬â€ which violates a NCAA rule because of the time of the year. That’s why UK decided to report it as a secondary Ã¢â‚¬â€ or minor Ã¢â‚¬â€ violation.
Batley resigned last week. No reason has been given for his departure but several sources have indicated he wanted to return home to Texas to be with an ailing family member.