Most Recent Posts
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
- Dakari Johnson appreciated the way Kentucky fans “stuck with us”
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
- Julius Randle “can’t speak” on what Harrisons will do, but expects UK to have “amazing team” again
- After postseason run, Julius Randle “at peace” to leave Kentucky for NBA
- Julius Randle announces he’s leaving Kentucky to enter NBA draft
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Julius Randle press conference on April 22
- Guest post: John Calipari book signing draws crowd, interesting tidbits on recruiting, pasta and more
By LARRY VAUGHT
A University of Kentucky official confirmed Saturday that UK had reported a secondary rules violation to the NCAA.
I asked DeWayne Peevy, associate athletics director for media relations,Ã‚Â this question: Did Kentucky report a secondary rules violation involving Bilal Batley being in the gym with a player during July? Peevy’s e-mail reply was one word Ã¢â‚¬â€ yes.
Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News first reported Friday afternoon that Batley visited a UK practice to consult with a player about an academic issue and while he was in the gym was seen rebounding shots for a player Ã¢â‚¬â€ which violates a NCAA rule because of the time of the year. That’s why UK decided to report it as a secondary Ã¢â‚¬â€ or minor Ã¢â‚¬â€ violation.
Batley resigned last week. No reason has been given for his departure but several sources have indicated he wanted to return home to Texas to be with an ailing family member.