Most Recent Posts
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Go To Bat Against Breast Cancer and be Honorary Bat Girls for Reds
- Top-ranked Florida runs the table in SEC play with 84-65 win over Kentucky
- High school coach says he’s heard “no NBA talk” from Andrew or Aaron Harrison
- Playing No. 1 Florida “just going to be another game” for James Young
- John Calipari: UK needs Alex Poythress to “do two or three things on offense” and no more
- Kentucky gets the Gator off its back, beats Florida 75-70 in SEC semis
By LARRY VAUGHT
A University of Kentucky official confirmed Saturday that UK had reported a secondary rules violation to the NCAA.
I asked DeWayne Peevy, associate athletics director for media relations,Ã‚Â this question: Did Kentucky report a secondary rules violation involving Bilal Batley being in the gym with a player during July? Peevy’s e-mail reply was one word Ã¢â‚¬â€ yes.
Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News first reported Friday afternoon that Batley visited a UK practice to consult with a player about an academic issue and while he was in the gym was seen rebounding shots for a player Ã¢â‚¬â€ which violates a NCAA rule because of the time of the year. That’s why UK decided to report it as a secondary Ã¢â‚¬â€ or minor Ã¢â‚¬â€ violation.
Batley resigned last week. No reason has been given for his departure but several sources have indicated he wanted to return home to Texas to be with an ailing family member.