Most Recent Posts
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
By LARRY VAUGHT
A University of Kentucky official confirmed Saturday that UK had reported a secondary rules violation to the NCAA.
I asked DeWayne Peevy, associate athletics director for media relations,Ã‚Â this question: Did Kentucky report a secondary rules violation involving Bilal Batley being in the gym with a player during July? Peevy’s e-mail reply was one word Ã¢â‚¬â€ yes.
Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News first reported Friday afternoon that Batley visited a UK practice to consult with a player about an academic issue and while he was in the gym was seen rebounding shots for a player Ã¢â‚¬â€ which violates a NCAA rule because of the time of the year. That’s why UK decided to report it as a secondary Ã¢â‚¬â€ or minor Ã¢â‚¬â€ violation.
Batley resigned last week. No reason has been given for his departure but several sources have indicated he wanted to return home to Texas to be with an ailing family member.