Most Recent Posts
- UK offensive line not ready to “manhandle people in the SEC” but Mark Stoops expects improvement
- UK announces quarterback Jalen Whitlow plans to transfer
- Sports Illustrated rates Trey Lyles as top five player, intriguing point-forward for Kentucky
- Guest post: After surprising finish, now is not the time to judge players who leave for NBA
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
California five-star small forward Stanley Johnson, an obvious priority recruit for John Calipari, has trimmed his list of schools to five and UK made the cut.
He is a consensus top five recruit and eliminated Kansas and UCLA from his list of schools and kept UK, Florida, Arizona, Southern Cal and Oregon under consideration.
Johnson, who got an in-home visit from Calipari last week, is one of the high profile players scheduled to be at UK for Big Blue Madness on Oct. 18. Trey Lyles, James Blackmon and Kelly Oubre are others scheduled to be there Oct. 18.
Most recruiting analysts have thought Johnson would pick either Kentucky or Arizona.