Most Recent Posts
- Limited number of eRUPPTion Zone tickets for Belmont, Mississippi State available
- Freshman star Julius Randle admits UK ‘harder’ than expected, but nothing ‘I can’t handle’
- Kentucky athletics director Mitch Barnhart wants to “create great environment with students” around recruiting room
- Kentucky running back JoJo Kemp: “It’s all about the program, not me, and I like that we are getting good people.”
- Boise St. coach Leon Rice: “I have never ever underestimated” Calipari
- How close is Kentucky to being “unleashed?”
- Photo Gallery: Kentucky tops Boise State
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Highlights from the Cats’ win over Boise State
By LARRY VAUGHT
It’s really too bad that Kentucky coach John Calipari doesn’t let his daughter, Erin Calipari, talk to the media more because she’s not a bit afraid to voice her opinions and often does it in a humorous, biting way that is very, very entertaining.
On Twitter (@TheErinCalipari), she constantly treats followers to bits of wisdom as well as inside information — like the time she chatted about her father making her make free throws as a youngster.
Recently she caused a bit of a buzz by having a little fun over the tattoo Louisville coach Rick Pitino got. She tweeted, “From now on when my dad does something embarrassing I will just say to myself “at least he doesn’t have a giant back tattoo”
My response was that her mother was probably saying the same thing — I know my wife still does over the three small tattoos that I have.
Several national media members picked up on her tweet as a sign of what the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry is all about. Myself, I just thought it was Erin being Erin and having a little fun that we should all enjoy.