Most Recent Posts
- Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting pep rally at Hawk Walk Friday
- Kentucky players mum on mysterious John Calipari tweak except Cauley-Stein says it is ‘mentality’
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
- WR Blake Bone can be flamboyant, different but he says “my only mission is to catch the ball”
- Julius Randle adds USBWA all-district honor
- Julius Randle SEC freshman of year; James Young, Willie Cauley-Stein honored
- Kris Bentley of Sundy Best says performing at UK “one of the coolest things we’ve ever done”
- John Calipari: “I’ve think we’ve done right by these kids (who have gone to the NBA early”
By LARRY VAUGHT
It’s really too bad that Kentucky coach John Calipari doesn’t let his daughter, Erin Calipari, talk to the media more because she’s not a bit afraid to voice her opinions and often does it in a humorous, biting way that is very, very entertaining.
On Twitter (@TheErinCalipari), she constantly treats followers to bits of wisdom as well as inside information — like the time she chatted about her father making her make free throws as a youngster.
Recently she caused a bit of a buzz by having a little fun over the tattoo Louisville coach Rick Pitino got. She tweeted, “From now on when my dad does something embarrassing I will just say to myself “at least he doesn’t have a giant back tattoo”
My response was that her mother was probably saying the same thing — I know my wife still does over the three small tattoos that I have.
Several national media members picked up on her tweet as a sign of what the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry is all about. Myself, I just thought it was Erin being Erin and having a little fun that we should all enjoy.