Most Recent Posts
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
By LARRY VAUGHT
It’s really too bad that Kentucky coach John Calipari doesn’t let his daughter, Erin Calipari, talk to the media more because she’s not a bit afraid to voice her opinions and often does it in a humorous, biting way that is very, very entertaining.
On Twitter (@TheErinCalipari), she constantly treats followers to bits of wisdom as well as inside information — like the time she chatted about her father making her make free throws as a youngster.
Recently she caused a bit of a buzz by having a little fun over the tattoo Louisville coach Rick Pitino got. She tweeted, “From now on when my dad does something embarrassing I will just say to myself “at least he doesn’t have a giant back tattoo”
My response was that her mother was probably saying the same thing — I know my wife still does over the three small tattoos that I have.
Several national media members picked up on her tweet as a sign of what the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry is all about. Myself, I just thought it was Erin being Erin and having a little fun that we should all enjoy.