Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Go To Bat Against Breast Cancer and be Honorary Bat Girls for Reds
- Top-ranked Florida runs the table in SEC play with 84-65 win over Kentucky
- High school coach says he’s heard “no NBA talk” from Andrew or Aaron Harrison
- Playing No. 1 Florida “just going to be another game” for James Young
(photos by Clay Jackson, Victoria Graff, Angie Goodwin and Gary Moyers. All rights reserved, property of vaughtsviews.com and Schurz Communications, Inc.)
By LARRY VAUGHT
Fans at Monday’s Kentucky-Transylvania game got to give a “Thumbs Up For Lane” when George Goodwin, the father of Lane Goodwin, was introduced and brought to midcourt. Lane Goodwin fought a courageous three-year battle with cancer before dying last month after he captured the hearts of many.
Big Blue Nation Cares made it possible for George Goodwin to be an honorary assistant coach for the game and not only sit on the bench with UK coach John Calipari, but also spend most of the day with him. Goodwin’s wife, Angie, and son, Landon, also had front row seats at the game thanks to Big Blue Nation Cares.
Enjoy the photos, including the one where cheerleaders Dylan Smith and Stephannie Johnson got other cheerleaders together to pose for a picture with Angie and Landon.