Most Recent Posts
- NCAA trends: Scoring, FG percent up, fouls up; turnovers downs
- Center Jon Toth named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- So you want to be a photographer? Clay Jackson shows the hazards of the profession
- Cauley-Stein on comparison to Rodman: “I ain’t wearing no wedding dress or nothing.”
- UK freshman James Young on team’s effort against Boise State: “We wanted to prove a lot of people wrong”
- John Calipari and Rick Pitino part of new CBS Sports series “NCAA Men of March”
- Guest post: Schedule ‘custom made’ for Calipari’s Cats to improve now
- Despite 8th double-double, UK freshman Julius Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Any chance Florida could take UK lightly this season?
“We’ve just got to treat everybody equal. We ain’t taking anybody lightly where it is Kentucky or anybody else. Louisville taught us what happens when you don’t show up,” Florida offensive lineman Jon Halapio said Tuesday during the SEC Media Days.
While new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops have created a fan and recruiting buzz in the Bluegrass, it apparently has not reached Florida.
“No, I haven’t heard anything about. I’m sorry. There’s no Kentucky buzz in Florida,” Halapio said.
However, he knows what to expect from Stoops’ defense after playing against his defense at Florida State.
“Very intense. The way he coaches is attacking,” the Florida lineman said. “He has an attack mentality at all times. It’s lot different than Kentucky last year. Very attacking, very fast. They will get after you.”