Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Any chance Florida could take UK lightly this season?
“We’ve just got to treat everybody equal. We ain’t taking anybody lightly where it is Kentucky or anybody else. Louisville taught us what happens when you don’t show up,” Florida offensive lineman Jon Halapio said Tuesday during the SEC Media Days.
While new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops have created a fan and recruiting buzz in the Bluegrass, it apparently has not reached Florida.
“No, I haven’t heard anything about. I’m sorry. There’s no Kentucky buzz in Florida,” Halapio said.
However, he knows what to expect from Stoops’ defense after playing against his defense at Florida State.
“Very intense. The way he coaches is attacking,” the Florida lineman said. “He has an attack mentality at all times. It’s lot different than Kentucky last year. Very attacking, very fast. They will get after you.”