Most Recent Posts
- High school coordinator on UK WR signee Blake Bone: “He doesn’t get caught”
- Kentucky big man Julius Randle: “We don’t know what we’ve got to do but we’ve got to get going”
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Any chance Florida could take UK lightly this season?
“We’ve just got to treat everybody equal. We ain’t taking anybody lightly where it is Kentucky or anybody else. Louisville taught us what happens when you don’t show up,” Florida offensive lineman Jon Halapio said Tuesday during the SEC Media Days.
While new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops have created a fan and recruiting buzz in the Bluegrass, it apparently has not reached Florida.
“No, I haven’t heard anything about. I’m sorry. There’s no Kentucky buzz in Florida,” Halapio said.
However, he knows what to expect from Stoops’ defense after playing against his defense at Florida State.
“Very intense. The way he coaches is attacking,” the Florida lineman said. “He has an attack mentality at all times. It’s lot different than Kentucky last year. Very attacking, very fast. They will get after you.”