Most Recent Posts
- Cats return To Rupp for month, won’t travel again until Jan. 11
- Matthew Mitchell on ‘dynamic’ Duke, NCAA seeding, Rupp crowd, Stallworth, Epps and more
- BBN Cares helps special UK fan get chance to see Cats play Belmont
- Future UK running back Mikel Horton named to Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl
- Stoops says “comfort level is much greater” at Kentucky now
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson says UK freshmen are “very low on the learning curve of actual basketball knowledge”
- Calipari on inspiring players, more emotional bench, Anthony Davis, Belmont and more
- Cauley-Stein says change coming because “Cal’s going to get it out of us”
By LARRY VAUGHT
When the tornado devastated West Liberty, Kentucky coach John Calipari went there to help with a fundraising telethon that came about partially because of a plea UK fan Rose Lykins made on Kentucky Sports Radio.
On Saturday, Lykins and her husband were in Rupp Arena to watch UK play Texas A&M thanks to Big Blue Nation Cares, a group that provides UK football and basketball game tickets for deserving fans. Lykins and her husband got front row seats and a hotel room from BBN Cares.
“I can’t tell you how much my husband and I enjoyed the game. It’s a shame Kentucky didn’t win, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything,” Lykins said. “I was able to get (former UK coach) Joe B. Hall’s autograph, which was more than I ever hoped for.”
I was able to spend a few minutes with Lykins before the game. Enjoy her comments on the video.