Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky-Boise State postgame notes and numbers
- Live: UK TV delivers livestream of post-Boise State press conferences
- NBA scouts offer takes on what’s wrong with Calipari’s Cats
- Kentucky RB JoJo Kemp plans to keep “grinding” and keep “this ship moving”
- UK signee Devin Booker on Cats: “I feel like toward the end of the year, they’re going to be special”
- James Young: “We can play defense, it’s just we tend to stop sometimes”
- Calipari on defense: “It starts with your point guard. If he can’ t pressure the ball, then someone else has to be playing;
- Cal on lack of bench play: “But, I come back to, played guys too many minutes. They’re not ready for that”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Edgar Thompson of the OrlandoSentinel.com had quotes from Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease, a former assistant coach at Kentucky in 2001 and 2002, denying interest in the Kentucky job. Or, kind of denying interest in the job as has been rumored.
Pease, 48, said he’s not “heard anything” about the Kentucky job from any UK official.
““I wouldn’t do that. I’m focused on here. I’ve only been here one year. I’ve made a commitment to be here, especially with my family. Ask me that question later when something happens, I guess. I can’t comment on a ghost story right now,” Pease said.
Pease didn’t miss a chance to praise the UK program.
“They’ve got great people. They’ve got a great program and the facilities are good,” Pease said. “They’re committed to winning. And they have won. They won when were there. They won when Rick Brooks was there. You can get good kids there.”
Pease came to Florida from Boise State where he led prolific offenses. However, the Gators rank 102nd in the nation in total offense and 114th in passing this year.
Florida coach Will Muschamp said Pease is an “outstanding coach.
“Any opportunity he has as a head coach I know that I will fully endorse that as well as Jeremy Foley our athletic director, and our president. He is a really good football coach and that goes for any of our coaches. If they have an opportunity to be a head coach, I am all for it,” the Florida head coach said.