Most Recent Posts
- Quarterback Jalen Whitlow’s transfer best for him and Kentucky, too
- Neal Brown “disappointed” but understands why QB Jalen Whitlow will transfer rather than change positions
- Karl Towns expects to have a “blast” playing at UK with Willie Cauley-Stein
- UK offensive line not ready to “manhandle people in the SEC” but Mark Stoops expects improvement
- UK announces quarterback Jalen Whitlow plans to transfer
- Sports Illustrated rates Trey Lyles as top five player, intriguing point-forward for Kentucky
- Guest post: After surprising finish, now is not the time to judge players who leave for NBA
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
By LARRY VAUGHT
Texas receiver T.V. Williams showed off a blue T-shirt with the words “Cats #Yahtzee” on the front after he verbally committed to Kentucky last week.
Yahtzee has become the code word for UK coaches to use on Twitter— it was started by receivers coach Tommy Mainord — when a recruit commits since they cannot publicly comment on recruiting.
“I got it printed special,” Williams said. “I saw what coach Mainord had been doing, so I thought it would be fun to put Yahtzee on my shirt. Only me and my dad knew what I did. Coach Mainord told me he thought it was pretty cool.”