Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
Sophomore safety Zach Blaylock, who started three games late last season after it was decided not to redshirt him at midseason, is not on UK’s depth chart for tonight’s game with Western Kentucky. While Stoops has not mentioned any injury for Blaylock, sources indicate he has a swollen knee and likely won’t play until UK’s game Sept. 7 against Miami.
His twin brother, Daron played in all 11 games last year and made one start. He’ll play special teams and back up starter Eric Dixon at one safety.
Glenn Faulkner, who played in 11 games as a freshman in 2011 on special teams mainly and was redshirted last year with an injury, will back up Ashely Lowery at the other safety and has been impressive in preseason drills.