Most Recent Posts
- NCAA trends: Scoring, FG percent up, fouls up; turnovers downs
- Center Jon Toth named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- So you want to be a photographer? Clay Jackson shows the hazards of the profession
- Cauley-Stein on comparison to Rodman: “I ain’t wearing no wedding dress or nothing.”
- UK freshman James Young on team’s effort against Boise State: “We wanted to prove a lot of people wrong”
- John Calipari and Rick Pitino part of new CBS Sports series “NCAA Men of March”
- Guest post: Schedule ‘custom made’ for Calipari’s Cats to improve now
- Despite 8th double-double, UK freshman Julius Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
Sophomore safety Zach Blaylock, who started three games late last season after it was decided not to redshirt him at midseason, is not on UK’s depth chart for tonight’s game with Western Kentucky. While Stoops has not mentioned any injury for Blaylock, sources indicate he has a swollen knee and likely won’t play until UK’s game Sept. 7 against Miami.
His twin brother, Daron played in all 11 games last year and made one start. He’ll play special teams and back up starter Eric Dixon at one safety.
Glenn Faulkner, who played in 11 games as a freshman in 2011 on special teams mainly and was redshirted last year with an injury, will back up Ashely Lowery at the other safety and has been impressive in preseason drills.