Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky senior Jon Hood named to SEC Community Service Team
- Future Cats Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis all will paly in Jordan Brand All-American Game
- John Calipari hopes “cooler heads” come together to change one-and-done to two-and-done
- Kentucky fourth No. 1 preseason team to drop totally out of AP top 25
- John Calipari says Cats have to be scrappier, play more physical and share the ball a lot better
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will work out with QB guru George Whitfield over spring break
- John Calipari says great players make 2-on-1 look simple and UK “makes those look harder”
- John Calipari: “… just keep making that pass. Make it 22 times”
Sophomore safety Zach Blaylock, who started three games late last season after it was decided not to redshirt him at midseason, is not on UK’s depth chart for tonight’s game with Western Kentucky. While Stoops has not mentioned any injury for Blaylock, sources indicate he has a swollen knee and likely won’t play until UK’s game Sept. 7 against Miami.
His twin brother, Daron played in all 11 games last year and made one start. He’ll play special teams and back up starter Eric Dixon at one safety.
Glenn Faulkner, who played in 11 games as a freshman in 2011 on special teams mainly and was redshirted last year with an injury, will back up Ashely Lowery at the other safety and has been impressive in preseason drills.