Most Recent Posts
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
- Whether to declare for draft or stay at UK “muddy, convoluted” for Alex Poythress this year
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on Bud Dupree’s development, leadership, versatility
- KSR’s Ryan Lemond had it right about Willie Cauley-Stein, who weeks ago said “Why not stay in school?”
- Willie Cauley-Stein to return to Kentucky for junior season
Sophomore safety Zach Blaylock, who started three games late last season after it was decided not to redshirt him at midseason, is not on UK’s depth chart for tonight’s game with Western Kentucky. While Stoops has not mentioned any injury for Blaylock, sources indicate he has a swollen knee and likely won’t play until UK’s game Sept. 7 against Miami.
His twin brother, Daron played in all 11 games last year and made one start. He’ll play special teams and back up starter Eric Dixon at one safety.
Glenn Faulkner, who played in 11 games as a freshman in 2011 on special teams mainly and was redshirted last year with an injury, will back up Ashely Lowery at the other safety and has been impressive in preseason drills.