Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Go To Bat Against Breast Cancer and be Honorary Bat Girls for Reds
- Top-ranked Florida runs the table in SEC play with 84-65 win over Kentucky
- High school coach says he’s heard “no NBA talk” from Andrew or Aaron Harrison
- Playing No. 1 Florida “just going to be another game” for James Young
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — How does Mark Stoops think Kentucky fan expectations are versus what should be realistic expectations for his first UK team? That’s the question I posed to the UK coach at the SEC Media Days today.
“Tt’s really, to be honest with you, an uncomfortable situation for me because it’s not my style really to try to temper those expectations. I think the educated fan knows where we’re at as a program, knows we have a lot of work to do. But the flipside of that is I want the excitement. I want them there. I want them to support our players that we have on our team right now. I want them at all of our home games,” Stoops said.
“We plan on going out and competing each and every week. We understand that the challenges are there. So, you know, I’m glad the fans are excited and I’m glad they’re showing up in large numbers.
“Our season tickets are up. People are excited and anticipating a good year, because we certainly are. We’re not going out there to put all this hard work in to not compete and not try to win games.”