Most Recent Posts
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
- Julius Randle “can’t speak” on what Harrisons will do, but expects UK to have “amazing team” again
- After postseason run, Julius Randle “at peace” to leave Kentucky for NBA
- Julius Randle announces he’s leaving Kentucky to enter NBA draft
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Julius Randle press conference on April 22
- Guest post: John Calipari book signing draws crowd, interesting tidbits on recruiting, pasta and more
- Guest post: NCAA has power to negate one and done if it wants
- John Wall says John Calipari “loves Kentucky too much” to leave for NBA
By LARRY VAUGHT
How does Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops get along with John Calipari and do they exchange recruiting tips since it seems like both never stop recruiting?
“We talk, not to that extent. I love being around him. He’s been very supportive,” Stoops said. ” (I’ve) gone over and had breakfast with him over at the lodge and just see their operation over there and how they’re doing things. He’s helped with recruits. He’s there. He’s made that very well-known. He’s there to help in any way.
“We’ve used him quite a bit, whether it be recruiting and different things. Certain kids we bring over to meet him. During our recruiting weekends when there was a home basketball game, each time he’s taken some time right before his game and come over and addressed our recruits real briefly. It’s been great.”