Most Recent Posts
- Numbers favor North Carolina to beat UK 76-72
- UK coach John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: ” If the game gets real physical … he gets knocked around.”
- Williamson, Smith, Dupree earn College Sports Madness honors
- Willie Cauley-Stein’s hairstyle brings out the worst in Kentucky fans
- Jared Lorenzen on Drew Barker: “He is just there, just more mature than I ever was or am.”
- UK freshman Julius Randle glad that Calipari is “not going to praise us” for mediocre efforts
- NCAA trends: Scoring, FG percent up, fouls up; turnovers downs
- Center Jon Toth named to SEC All-Freshman Team
By LARRY VAUGHT
How does Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops get along with John Calipari and do they exchange recruiting tips since it seems like both never stop recruiting?
“We talk, not to that extent. I love being around him. He’s been very supportive,” Stoops said. ” (I’ve) gone over and had breakfast with him over at the lodge and just see their operation over there and how they’re doing things. He’s helped with recruits. He’s there. He’s made that very well-known. He’s there to help in any way.
“We’ve used him quite a bit, whether it be recruiting and different things. Certain kids we bring over to meet him. During our recruiting weekends when there was a home basketball game, each time he’s taken some time right before his game and come over and addressed our recruits real briefly. It’s been great.”