Most Recent Posts
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
By LARRY VAUGHT
Are there more critical needs on offense or defense? That’s the question UK football coach Mark Stoops was asked Monday after his first spring practice session. Stoops didn’t sugar-coat his answer.
“You know, it’s difficult for me to talk about position because as we all know in here, we need to get better everywhere. There’s not one position on our field that we don’t need to improve,” Stoops said. “And so that’s why it’s hard for me to get specific on a certain group because we need to improve on all areas.
“I mean, again, I feel like there was a few guys offensively that stood out that did a good job that I feel like there was too many balls on the ground and very sloppy. I know it’s day one, and we are going to improve the execution, but I think just, you know, wide receivers on this offense is very important.”