Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Coach Brumbaugh Mic’d Up – Spring 2014
- UK coach John Calipari says “winning matters” when it comes to NBA draft
- Guest post: Fan offers impression of new Cats from Jordan Brand Classic
- Draft analyst says strong season could lock Willie Cauley-Stein into lottery, but he must avoid another slump
- A.J. Stamps, J.D. Harmon could bolster UK’s chance to increase interceptions
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Kentucky coach Mark Stoops touched on a variety of subjects in a brief meeting with UK media before his official appearance at the SEC Media Days today.
— He said freshman defensive back Marcus McWilson and junior college receiver Javess Blue still have “eligibility” issues that are being worked on and he’ll have an update when training camp starts.
— There has been no action against safety Ashely Lowery, who was charged with DUI following an auto accident in Georgia in the spring. Stoops said he still needed to gather “more information” on the situation.
— Stoops said that differed from the dismissal of brothers Pancho and Khalid Thomas after they were cited by police last week because “there had been some other incidents” involving them.
— Stoops said it was “fair” to worry about UK’s depth.
— He said the players left on UK’s team “want to be led the right way.”