Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky senior Jon Hood named to SEC Community Service Team
- Future Cats Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis all will paly in Jordan Brand All-American Game
- John Calipari hopes “cooler heads” come together to change one-and-done to two-and-done
- Kentucky fourth No. 1 preseason team to drop totally out of AP top 25
- John Calipari says Cats have to be scrappier, play more physical and share the ball a lot better
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will work out with QB guru George Whitfield over spring break
- John Calipari says great players make 2-on-1 look simple and UK “makes those look harder”
- John Calipari: “… just keep making that pass. Make it 22 times”
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Kentucky coach Mark Stoops touched on a variety of subjects in a brief meeting with UK media before his official appearance at the SEC Media Days today.
— He said freshman defensive back Marcus McWilson and junior college receiver Javess Blue still have “eligibility” issues that are being worked on and he’ll have an update when training camp starts.
— There has been no action against safety Ashely Lowery, who was charged with DUI following an auto accident in Georgia in the spring. Stoops said he still needed to gather “more information” on the situation.
— Stoops said that differed from the dismissal of brothers Pancho and Khalid Thomas after they were cited by police last week because “there had been some other incidents” involving them.
— Stoops said it was “fair” to worry about UK’s depth.
— He said the players left on UK’s team “want to be led the right way.”