Most Recent Posts
- Cats Return To Rupp To Find Their Determination To Win; numbers favor UK by 10
- Coach on Booker: “He is the Peyton Manning of basketball” and he’s no “butt-hole”
- UK coach John Calipari talks life, bullying, Louisville, NBA and UK with Rafferty Monday at 7:30 on FOX Sports
- Calipari on Cats: “We start looking for excuses and heads down.”
- 6-10 Thomas Bryant says he hears “some from Kentucky”
- Baylor coach Scott Drew on key to win: “I think we play a lot of guys and they stick together”
- Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown on QB play: “It’s a deal where we gotta get better”
- Lyles, Booker both put on show for Calipari, UK assistants, UK fans
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Kentucky coach Mark Stoops touched on a variety of subjects in a brief meeting with UK media before his official appearance at the SEC Media Days today.
— He said freshman defensive back Marcus McWilson and junior college receiver Javess Blue still have “eligibility” issues that are being worked on and he’ll have an update when training camp starts.
— There has been no action against safety Ashely Lowery, who was charged with DUI following an auto accident in Georgia in the spring. Stoops said he still needed to gather “more information” on the situation.
— Stoops said that differed from the dismissal of brothers Pancho and Khalid Thomas after they were cited by police last week because “there had been some other incidents” involving them.
— Stoops said it was “fair” to worry about UK’s depth.
— He said the players left on UK’s team “want to be led the right way.”