Most Recent Posts
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
- Dakari Johnson appreciated the way Kentucky fans “stuck with us”
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
- Julius Randle “can’t speak” on what Harrisons will do, but expects UK to have “amazing team” again
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Kentucky coach Mark Stoops touched on a variety of subjects in a brief meeting with UK media before his official appearance at the SEC Media Days today.
— He said freshman defensive back Marcus McWilson and junior college receiver Javess Blue still have “eligibility” issues that are being worked on and he’ll have an update when training camp starts.
— There has been no action against safety Ashely Lowery, who was charged with DUI following an auto accident in Georgia in the spring. Stoops said he still needed to gather “more information” on the situation.
— Stoops said that differed from the dismissal of brothers Pancho and Khalid Thomas after they were cited by police last week because “there had been some other incidents” involving them.
— Stoops said it was “fair” to worry about UK’s depth.
— He said the players left on UK’s team “want to be led the right way.”