Most Recent Posts
- High school coordinator on UK WR signee Blake Bone: “He doesn’t get caught”
- Kentucky big man Julius Randle: “We don’t know what we’ve got to do but we’ve got to get going”
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
By LARRY VAUGHT
HOOVER, Ala. — Kentucky coach Mark Stoops says it is hard to say how many true freshmen may play this season.
“”From the recruiting process and from the things you hear in the summer, we feel like we have a pretty good nucleus, a very good group with the right attitude. We will see. That’s a hard question to answer. Sometimes you may count on a certain person or think he’ll come in and contribute and he’s just not ready,” Stoops said at the SEC Media Days.
Would he prefer to redshirt most freshmen?
“I think everybody would. I think in a perfect world, in this league with a bunch of grown men, it would be good to have your team mature a little bit. But with that being said, some guys are ready to go and we will never put limitations on that. If you can come in and help our program, we want you to do that,” Stoops said.