Most Recent Posts
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
By LARRY VAUGHT
An emotional Ryan Timmons broke down in tears several times as he thanked coaches, friends and teammates before announcing that he would play his college football at the University of Kentucky.
The three-star receiver picked UK over Ohio State, Illinois and Florida. He is expected to be an immediate contributor for the Cats in Neal Brown’s new offense.
“One of the most important things is he is not only a great athlete, but he is an awesome kid,” Franklin coach Chris Tracy said. “For all of you out there, it is a testament to his hard work. He is a 3.0 plus student. He works at it and works at it.”
Franklin principal Buddy Sampson said it didn’t take him long when he took the job this year to learn that Timmons was the most “popular man in school.”
“We stand behind him and support him,” Sampson said. “If you have not had the chance to meet Ryan, it’s unfortunate. He is probably one of the most polite kids in the school. He has been raised by a great mother, fabulous sisters and awesome grandmother. We are proud of his achievement as young man of character and integrity.”