Most Recent Posts
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
- Mike Douglas feels like “old man on the block” but knows he can help defensive line
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
- Marcus Lee to Return for Sophomore Season at UK
- Mark Stoops says offense “took a little step back” in Friday’s practice
Thanks to vaughtsviews.com readers, here is exactly why Ohio receiver Thaddeus Snodgrass is the highest ranked receiver ever to commit to UK.
Tim Robbins shared this info I didn’t want you to miss: Snodgrass is the 24th ranked WR and 198th ranked player in his class. Chris Matthews was rated as a 4 star recruit in 09 but did not receive a national ranking as he was a Juco transfer. Aaron Boyd was a 4 star, 40th ranked WR, in the 2008 class but did not receive a national ranking. Boyd was rated as the top WR in Kentucky in the 08 graduating class.
At least based on Rivals rankings, no other UK WR commit was a 4 star recruit going back to 2002. Based on Snodgrass’ overall WR ranking in comparison to Boyd’s I think it’s fair to say he is the highest rated UK WR recruit, at least since the 2002 class.
The fact that Snodgrass received a national ranking, and Boyd did not, also suggests Snodgrass as the higher rated player, but it is possible that the cutoff for national rankings has changed since 2008.”
And here’s more from Dan Fugitt: Google says the following — Aaron Boyd ranked a 4*, 40th best receiver, a 5.8 and NOT nationally ranked. Thaddeus Snodgrass ranked a 4*, 24th best receiver, a 5.8 and ranked 198th nationally.