Most Recent Posts
- Cats Return To Rupp To Find Their Determination To Win; numbers favor UK by 10
- Coach on Booker: “He is the Peyton Manning of basketball” and he’s no “butt-hole”
- UK coach John Calipari talks life, bullying, Louisville, NBA and UK with Rafferty Monday at 7:30 on FOX Sports
- Calipari on Cats: “We start looking for excuses and heads down.”
- 6-10 Thomas Bryant says he hears “some from Kentucky”
- Baylor coach Scott Drew on key to win: “I think we play a lot of guys and they stick together”
- Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown on QB play: “It’s a deal where we gotta get better”
- Lyles, Booker both put on show for Calipari, UK assistants, UK fans
Thanks to vaughtsviews.com readers, here is exactly why Ohio receiver Thaddeus Snodgrass is the highest ranked receiver ever to commit to UK.
Tim Robbins shared this info I didn’t want you to miss: Snodgrass is the 24th ranked WR and 198th ranked player in his class. Chris Matthews was rated as a 4 star recruit in 09 but did not receive a national ranking as he was a Juco transfer. Aaron Boyd was a 4 star, 40th ranked WR, in the 2008 class but did not receive a national ranking. Boyd was rated as the top WR in Kentucky in the 08 graduating class.
At least based on Rivals rankings, no other UK WR commit was a 4 star recruit going back to 2002. Based on Snodgrass’ overall WR ranking in comparison to Boyd’s I think it’s fair to say he is the highest rated UK WR recruit, at least since the 2002 class.
The fact that Snodgrass received a national ranking, and Boyd did not, also suggests Snodgrass as the higher rated player, but it is possible that the cutoff for national rankings has changed since 2008.”
And here’s more from Dan Fugitt: Google says the following — Aaron Boyd ranked a 4*, 40th best receiver, a 5.8 and NOT nationally ranked. Thaddeus Snodgrass ranked a 4*, 24th best receiver, a 5.8 and ranked 198th nationally.