Most Recent Posts
- Brown says line, receiver are offensive recruiting needs; OL Kelly commits
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
Vaughtsviews.com reader Steve Moody has asked me a question that I can’t honestly answer, so I need your help. Here goes what Moody sent me:
“Are you familiar with a second album that Coach Rupp did with Cawood Ledford in the late 60′s or perhaps just after he retired? I have the one titled ‘Great Moments in Kentucky Basketball’ that was put out by the Committee of 101 in 1969, but I recall listening to another one when I was about 14 or 15 years old that had some game clips as well as some clips from his postgame shows. Some of the stuff was really entertaining. One I remember in particular was after a road win at Auburn or some other football outpost where Coach Rupp was reminiscing about all the different gyms they had been in over the years.
“‘Cawood, we’ve been in all kinds of gyms down here. From an armory to a quonset hut to an L-shaped gym.’ When Cawood responded, ‘What do you mean ‘L-shaped?’ Rupp replied, ‘L-shaped. I would always worry about the boys when they were down on the other end. I didn’t feel good again until I saw ‘em coming around the corner!’”
So if you know of a second album and any way that Moody might be able to obtain one, let us know.