Most Recent Posts
- Weather delays HoopFest, Lyles will play twice on Saturday
- Numbers project a 75-68 Kentucky win over Baylor
- Jaleel Hytchye talks freshman year playing time, Stoops’ unsportsmanlike penalty
- Some story lines — from Baylor perspective — for tonight’s Kentucky game
- Randle on no double-double: “I’m all about winning. That’s why I came here.”
- Randle on Cauley-Stein: “He’s going to lead with his actions or how hard he plays”
- Baylor’s Austin: “Drew is just as great a coach as coach Calipari” and UK isn’t “any better than us”
- UK TV Video: Coach John Calipari pre-Baylor press conference
By LARRY VAUGHT
Senior running back Raymond Sanders says his confidence is dramatically different than a year ago.
“When you come out here and make a lot of plays and see the defense make plays, you see different guys going up and catching balls and doing things, it helps you understand we have a good team with great players,” Sanders said.
He says the new coaches put the swagger back into UK football.
“We picked up a little bit but they want us to pick up more on the swagger and walk around with more confidence,” Sanders said. “They want us to walk around proud. They want us to forget the past and do the best we can every play and walk around with swagger. They are bringing that in and that helps a lot. They just want us to come out and have more fun, enjoy playing football, enjoy being a Kentucky football player. Be proud. That is something we are going to build on and have a good year this year.”
Sanders, a Georgia native, said not to underestimate the impact fan support has had on the team also.
“It means a lot to all of us. To know a 2-10 team can have that much support and we haven’t done anything yet means they are excited for us and they are excited for some good football,” Sanders said. “That is what we are pushing for. We want to give them a show and give them something worth coming out for.
“I heard the first (home) game is already sold out and that means a lot coming off slump year and the fans are supporting us and want to see what we have. That’s why we have to work hard every day to give them a good product on the field. They deserve that for what they have done for us.”