Most Recent Posts
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky next plays at Vanderbilt Saturday. Several times this season Vandy coach Kevin Stallings has complained about UKâ€ˆnot having games on Thursday and Saturday like most SEC teams have had to face this season and also getting to play teams on Saturday that did have a Thursday game and only two days to prepare for the more rested Wildcats.
After Tuesdayâ€™s win, Calipari was asked about guarding Floridaâ€™s 3-point shots and took a playful jab at Stallings.
â€œWe only had one day obviously to prepare for it. That’s the problem with playing Saturday/Tuesday, you only have one day to prepare,â€ Calipari smiled and said. â€œIt’s awful. I mean, it’s just ridiculous. But we’ll deal with it.â€
Later the UK coach was asked if he worried how his team might respond at Vanderbilt coming off a 20-point win over a top 10 team.
â€œWe start three freshmen and two sophomores, and Kyle Wiltjer is a freshman off the bench, and a senior. Everything is new to us. I have no idea. That’s why you want to go see. Let’s find out. Let’s see,â€ Calipari said. â€œThey’ll have tomorrow off.Â We’ll practice Thursday. We’ll practice Friday. Then we go to Vandy.
â€œWe play a 9 oâ€™clock game. Is it (ESPN) GameDay up there?Â It’s nuts, doesn’t need to be GameDay. I heard they changed the benches to the sides. Did they? They didn’t. See, that’s a problem.â€