Most Recent Posts
- Coaches say Booker, Lyles excited to see UK fans at Marshall County Hoop Fest
- Only at Kentucky: Fan can win part ownership in thoroughbred by attending UK game
- Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist could both miss up to 20 games with hand injuries
- Calipari excited for Final Four-like enviroment for Kentucky-Baylor
- Calipari on potential bad weather in Dallas, UK players going back to Texas
- Calipari admits “I am concerned” about Jon Hood after concussion
- Gill-Caesar likes UK’s winning tradition, way Calipari doesn’t “sugar-coat” anything
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about JoJo Kemp, and improving the offensive line for next season
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky next plays at Vanderbilt Saturday. Several times this season Vandy coach Kevin Stallings has complained about UKâ€ˆnot having games on Thursday and Saturday like most SEC teams have had to face this season and also getting to play teams on Saturday that did have a Thursday game and only two days to prepare for the more rested Wildcats.
After Tuesdayâ€™s win, Calipari was asked about guarding Floridaâ€™s 3-point shots and took a playful jab at Stallings.
â€œWe only had one day obviously to prepare for it. That’s the problem with playing Saturday/Tuesday, you only have one day to prepare,â€ Calipari smiled and said. â€œIt’s awful. I mean, it’s just ridiculous. But we’ll deal with it.â€
Later the UK coach was asked if he worried how his team might respond at Vanderbilt coming off a 20-point win over a top 10 team.
â€œWe start three freshmen and two sophomores, and Kyle Wiltjer is a freshman off the bench, and a senior. Everything is new to us. I have no idea. That’s why you want to go see. Let’s find out. Let’s see,â€ Calipari said. â€œThey’ll have tomorrow off.Â We’ll practice Thursday. We’ll practice Friday. Then we go to Vandy.
â€œWe play a 9 oâ€™clock game. Is it (ESPN) GameDay up there?Â It’s nuts, doesn’t need to be GameDay. I heard they changed the benches to the sides. Did they? They didn’t. See, that’s a problem.â€