Most Recent Posts
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Go To Bat Against Breast Cancer and be Honorary Bat Girls for Reds
By LARRY VAUGHT
Portland coach Eric Reveno has played against UK three straight years and offered some interesting observations after Saturday’s loss to UK in Rupp Arena.
Question: How does this UK team stack up against past teams he has faced?
Reveno: “I don’t know. I appreciate you asking my opinion, but in my humble opinion, I feel like they were competing and were focused and it looks like a group of young guys trying to do the right thing, trying to compete, trying to do what their coaches are asking of them, trying to make the smart play, rotating on defense. I know my team is going to be better in two months and I know under the coaching staff, this team is going to be better. So, I always say when speaking of my team to people that are asking that it really is a matter of the observers’ perspective. The glass is either half full or half empty. It says more about the critic than it does about the team. There is a lot in that glass at the University of Kentucky. You know, from my perspective their glass is overflowing, so they will be fine. They are working through some early-season issues like everybody. ”
Question: Can you compare this UK team to the 2010-11 UK team that went to the Final Four in Houston?
Reveno: “Yeah, compared to two years ago, thinking back, again, I appreciate the opportunity to have this experience of playing them three years running and I would say they seem a little bit more similar to that team. I think that is a fair comparison in terms of not hitting on all cylinders. Again, don’t quote me and highlight that only quote. ‘Coach says Not Hitting on All Cylinders’. Be very careful. They are very good. They look like they are hitting on all cylinders to me. The veterans they lost, they look a little younger. There are some similarities. I wish we had put some more pressure on them to see.”