Most Recent Posts
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
By LARRY VAUGHT
As soon as I began to check on Kentucky commit Cody Quinn, anyone I talked to in Middletown, Ohio, told me he not only had great speed but was also a superb overall player.
He got his first start at Florida — not always an ideal spot for a true freshman to make his starting debut. However, he more than held his own.
“He played as well as any freshman I’ve ever been around. The guy challenged receivers, made a huge play in the first series. He drove on a quick screen that he took on a blocker and ran through the blocker and made the play,” said Phillips. “We’re excited about him. And all three of those true freshmen that played out there on the perimeter. It’s not an easy place to play in this league as a true freshman. And those guys, I thought those guys held up well, especially him.”