Most Recent Posts
- D.J. Eliot understands coach Mark Stoops “very well” can bring new ideas to UK defense
- Swiss Cat Part 2: Larry continues his adventure in Switzerland
- Brumbaugh understands junior college talent, feels he can bring JUCO players to UK
- Volleyball training, personality will both help Marcus Lee at Kentucky
- UK coach Mark Stoops was patient with Neal Brown because he was “all-in” on hiring him
- UK signee Marcus Lee overcame early education struggles to succeed in academics, athletics
- No. 12 Kentucky and No. 5 Arizona State to start best-of-three NCAA Super Regional set Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Stoops: Hiring Neal Brown to run Kentucky offense was a “no-brainer for me”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Patrick Patterson, UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s team leader, says the way freshman sensation John Wall has approached the season could be vital for the WildcatsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ success.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“It is real important because not everybody has that type of attitude. John has carried himself extremely well. He doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let the hype or all the fame and pressure get to his head. Everyone knows who he is around campus and the Big Blue Nation knows who John Wall is. He looks in the media and bam, there he is. He looks in the paper and bam, there he is. Online people are talking about him being national player of the year, but he doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let that get to his head. He wants to strive for excellence and knows if he wants to get that he has to put the work in,Ã¢â‚¬Â Patterson said.
The UK junior said he was not worried about Wall being big-headed or not a team player when he got to Kentucky.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“I talked to him during the recruiting process. I met him and I had no negative thoughts about him. I knew he was a great man. I never thought he was cocky or full of himself when he came and when I met him in person you could tell he was not like that,Ã¢â‚¬Â Patterson said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“When he finally decided to come here, you could tell right off the bat he was a great guy. He doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let anything get to his head or take anything for granted. He works for everything he has and what people talk about is true. He is just a great man and I am so happy to have him for my teammate.”