Most Recent Posts
- Calipari will be honorary pace car driver for Kentucky Speedway NASCAR race
- Neal Brown on Mobley, Sanders, Miller, Borden, Shields, Kendrick, Timmons and more
- Humphrey “grateful” that Archie Goodwin got to play under John Calipari
- Brown says line, receiver are offensive recruiting needs; OL Kelly commits
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
By LARRY VAUGHT
Freshman quarterback Patrick Towles will return to the practice field Tuesday and then Kentucky coach Joker Phillips says his status for Saturday’s game at Missouri will be evaluated.
Towles was scheduled to be redshirted before an injury to starting quarterback Maxwell Smith gave him a chance to play against Mississippi State. He directed an 80-yard scoring drive on his first series and went 5-for-5 passing. However, he twisted his ankle four plays later and has not played the last two games.
“If Towles can play, he will play. It will be same situation as we did in the Mississippi State game (with rotating him and Jalen Whitlow). But again, he has not taken a snap yet. We’ll see tomorrow,” Phillips said at his Monday press conference.
Phillips says he thinks it has “definitely helped” Whitlow to be able to come out of games at times and watch from the sideline.
“We will continue to do that and let him step away. But again, the guy (Towles) has not taken a snap yet. All he has done is drop back in the training room. We will see on the practice field (how Towles is),” Phillips said.