Most Recent Posts
- What will QB Patrick Towles do? Teammates says “he loves it here from what I can tell”
- Marcus Lee’s father on Calipari: “He pushes kids on academics, and I like that.”
- Calipari on December games: “They’re teams that you could lose every game”
- Matt Elam wins Hornung Award, UK signee Drew Barker still confident he’ll become a Wildcat
- Brother’s book offers insights on Greg Page from high school career to UK integration to his death
- Fan thanks UK coach Mark Stoops for his effort, thankful for Avery Williamson’s play and for meeting his father
- Louisville assistant Hurtt takes shot at UK: ” You only play (in the SEC) when you actually WIN.”
- Kentucky senior Jarrod Polson nominee for AllState Good Works Team
By LARRY VAUGHT
Lakota West (Ohio) running back Mikel Horton, one of the early commits in the 2014 recruiting class, did all he could to persuade Georgia all-purpose running back Stanely Williams to commit to UK even though they play the same position.
“It is all about recruiting guys that will make you better and putting guys around you that make the team better,” Williams said. “We will compete and both get better. That’s what Kentucky needs to be successful. He showed me he is willing to compete, and so am I. Really, you don’t get that from a lot of people. He reached out to me and told me to commit and make plays with him. We will be a heck of a combination. Coach Neal (Brown) told me he is already working on ways to put us both in the backfield.
“This is going to be a historic recruiting class with Horton, (Drew) Barker and more. They were telling me to enjoy myself and just make the right decision. But everything they said about Kentucky is true. I love it. Just tell the fans Boom is coming to Kentucky.”
Kentucky coaches have put “Yahtzee” on Twitter when a player commits since they cannot comment directly on recruits. Williams put the same message on his Twitter account when he committed and hopes to do it a lot more.
“It’s a great tradition, and we’re going to get a bunch more Yahtzees. Just wait and see,” Williams said.