Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: “I never even talked to him about coming back”
- John Calipari says summer tour “will probably be something with World Games;” has not interviewed possible assistants yet
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson sees Alex Poythress as early second round pick, not sure Dakari Johnson goes in 1st round
- Mark Stoops explains why providing unlimited meals, snacks for athletes is right thing to do
- NBAdraftblog.com’s Ed Isaacson sees Andrew, Aaron Harrison in lower part of NBA first round
- Quarterback Jalen Whitlow’s transfer best for him and Kentucky, too
- Neal Brown “disappointed” but understands why QB Jalen Whitlow will transfer rather than change positions
- Karl Towns expects to have a “blast” playing at UK with Willie Cauley-Stein
By LARRY VAUGHT
Currently Ohio linebacker Dorian Hendrix has got his full attention on John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam. He has Alabama, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State and Notre Dame in his final five and doesn’t intend to announce his college choice until the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Jan. 4 in San Antonio. He’ll likely make his choice during the game on national TV.
“Me and Matt hung out at the last Kentucky camp in early June. I’ve got to get that big boy to Kentucky,” Hendrix, a UK commit, said. “He’s a good guy and I know he’s a player. He’s legit and had a good bond with us at Kentucky. That’s his home school. I feel there is a high percentage (chance) he will be down there with us. I feel at the end of the day, Matt Elam will be with us.
“If he does do it (make his announcement) at the Army game and he picks Kentucky, that will be a big deal for us. Now or later, he will be a Wildcat because of the bond we have. I talk to (offensive line) coach (John) Schlarman and he says he has never seen a class bond like this, and I feel the same way. We all like to have know and we know we can all play. That’s why I know he (Elam) will join us.”