Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky gets the Gator off its back, beats Florida 75-70 in SEC semis
- Willie Cauley-Stein says Cats “obviously 100 percent” believe they can beat No. 1 Florida
- John Calipari has assigned assistants to monitor players’ minutes in games
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: How you approach the end
- John Calipari says Kentucky must “make some jump shots” to play with Florida
- John Calipari: “To have people say this team is done, I just don’t believe it”
- Jarrod Polson, Jon Hood will be “getting in their ears” to tell teammates about March play
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas has fun watching Gators, a team without “big shots going pro” after one year
By LARRY VAUGHT
Currently Ohio linebacker Dorian Hendrix has got his full attention on John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam. He has Alabama, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State and Notre Dame in his final five and doesn’t intend to announce his college choice until the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Jan. 4 in San Antonio. He’ll likely make his choice during the game on national TV.
“Me and Matt hung out at the last Kentucky camp in early June. I’ve got to get that big boy to Kentucky,” Hendrix, a UK commit, said. “He’s a good guy and I know he’s a player. He’s legit and had a good bond with us at Kentucky. That’s his home school. I feel there is a high percentage (chance) he will be down there with us. I feel at the end of the day, Matt Elam will be with us.
“If he does do it (make his announcement) at the Army game and he picks Kentucky, that will be a big deal for us. Now or later, he will be a Wildcat because of the bond we have. I talk to (offensive line) coach (John) Schlarman and he says he has never seen a class bond like this, and I feel the same way. We all like to have know and we know we can all play. That’s why I know he (Elam) will join us.”