Most Recent Posts
- Matthew Mitchell on ‘dynamic’ Duke, NCAA seeding, Rupp crowd, Stallworth, Epps and more
- BBN Cares helps special UK fan get chance to see Cats play Belmont
- Future UK running back Mikel Horton named to Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl
- Stoops says “comfort level is much greater” at Kentucky now
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson says UK freshmen are “very low on the learning curve of actual basketball knowledge”
- Calipari on inspiring players, more emotional bench, Anthony Davis, Belmont and more
- Cauley-Stein says change coming because “Cal’s going to get it out of us”
- Can these Cats start clicking? “We’ll find out. I can’t really tell you,” Cauley-Stein said
By LARRY VAUGHT
Currently Ohio linebacker Dorian Hendrix has got his full attention on John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam. He has Alabama, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State and Notre Dame in his final five and doesn’t intend to announce his college choice until the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Jan. 4 in San Antonio. He’ll likely make his choice during the game on national TV.
“Me and Matt hung out at the last Kentucky camp in early June. I’ve got to get that big boy to Kentucky,” Hendrix, a UK commit, said. “He’s a good guy and I know he’s a player. He’s legit and had a good bond with us at Kentucky. That’s his home school. I feel there is a high percentage (chance) he will be down there with us. I feel at the end of the day, Matt Elam will be with us.
“If he does do it (make his announcement) at the Army game and he picks Kentucky, that will be a big deal for us. Now or later, he will be a Wildcat because of the bond we have. I talk to (offensive line) coach (John) Schlarman and he says he has never seen a class bond like this, and I feel the same way. We all like to have know and we know we can all play. That’s why I know he (Elam) will join us.”