Most Recent Posts
- Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting pep rally at Hawk Walk Friday
- Kentucky players mum on mysterious John Calipari tweak except Cauley-Stein says it is ‘mentality’
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
- WR Blake Bone can be flamboyant, different but he says “my only mission is to catch the ball”
- Julius Randle adds USBWA all-district honor
- Julius Randle SEC freshman of year; James Young, Willie Cauley-Stein honored
- Kris Bentley of Sundy Best says performing at UK “one of the coolest things we’ve ever done”
- John Calipari: “I’ve think we’ve done right by these kids (who have gone to the NBA early”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Even Mark Stoops can’t win every recruiting battle.
Cincinnati receiver Derek Kief picked defending national champion Alabama over Kentucky and Ohio State Sunday. The 6-5, 200-pound Kief is a four-star prospect who would have given UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown the big receiver he wants. Kief runs a 4.4 second 40-yard dash and that size and speed is why so many big-time programs wanted him.
Several other Ohio prep standouts who had committed to Kentucky, along with quarterback Drew Barker of Conner, had lobbied for Kief to join them at Kentucky and he praised UK fans on Twitter after he made his decision.