Most Recent Posts
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
- Julius Randle “can’t speak” on what Harrisons will do, but expects UK to have “amazing team” again
- After postseason run, Julius Randle “at peace” to leave Kentucky for NBA
- Julius Randle announces he’s leaving Kentucky to enter NBA draft
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Julius Randle press conference on April 22
- Guest post: John Calipari book signing draws crowd, interesting tidbits on recruiting, pasta and more
- Guest post: NCAA has power to negate one and done if it wants
- John Wall says John Calipari “loves Kentucky too much” to leave for NBA
By LARRY VAUGHT
Even Mark Stoops can’t win every recruiting battle.
Cincinnati receiver Derek Kief picked defending national champion Alabama over Kentucky and Ohio State Sunday. The 6-5, 200-pound Kief is a four-star prospect who would have given UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown the big receiver he wants. Kief runs a 4.4 second 40-yard dash and that size and speed is why so many big-time programs wanted him.
Several other Ohio prep standouts who had committed to Kentucky, along with quarterback Drew Barker of Conner, had lobbied for Kief to join them at Kentucky and he praised UK fans on Twitter after he made his decision.