Most Recent Posts
- Quarterback Jalen Whitlow’s transfer best for him and Kentucky, too
- Neal Brown “disappointed” but understands why QB Jalen Whitlow will transfer rather than change positions
- Karl Towns expects to have a “blast” playing at UK with Willie Cauley-Stein
- UK offensive line not ready to “manhandle people in the SEC” but Mark Stoops expects improvement
- UK announces quarterback Jalen Whitlow plans to transfer
- Sports Illustrated rates Trey Lyles as top five player, intriguing point-forward for Kentucky
- Guest post: After surprising finish, now is not the time to judge players who leave for NBA
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
By LARRY VAUGHT
Even Mark Stoops can’t win every recruiting battle.
Cincinnati receiver Derek Kief picked defending national champion Alabama over Kentucky and Ohio State Sunday. The 6-5, 200-pound Kief is a four-star prospect who would have given UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown the big receiver he wants. Kief runs a 4.4 second 40-yard dash and that size and speed is why so many big-time programs wanted him.
Several other Ohio prep standouts who had committed to Kentucky, along with quarterback Drew Barker of Conner, had lobbied for Kief to join them at Kentucky and he praised UK fans on Twitter after he made his decision.