Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari: “… just keep making that pass. Make it 22 times”
- Kentucky falls 71-70 to Tennessee in SEC championship
- This year John Calipari says the SEC Tournament is important for UK’s mojo
- High school coordinator on UK WR signee Blake Bone: “He doesn’t get caught”
- Kentucky big man Julius Randle: “We don’t know what we’ve got to do but we’ve got to get going”
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — A person familiar with the situation says the Pelicans have traded Nerlens Noel to Philadelphia for point guard Jrue Holiday after selecting the Kentucky center with the sixth pick overall in Thursday’s NBA draft.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the trade had not been announced. The person says
New Orleans also sent the 76ers a protected 2014 first-round pick and received the Sixers’ second-round selection — 42nd overall — in this year’s draft.
The 6-foot-4 Holiday, a four-year pro, averaged 17.7 points and eight assists for the 76ers last season.
The 6-foot-10 Noel averaged 10.5 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game, and blocked 106 shots as a freshman. However, left knee surgery is expected to sideline him until December.