Most Recent Posts
- NBA scouts offer takes on what’s wrong with Calipari’s Cats
- Kentucky RB JoJo Kemp plans to keep “grinding” and keep “this ship moving”
- UK signee Devin Booker on Cats: “I feel like toward the end of the year, they’re going to be special”
- James Young: “We can play defense, it’s just we tend to stop sometimes”
- Calipari on defense: “It starts with your point guard. If he can’ t pressure the ball, then someone else has to be playing;
- Cal on lack of bench play: “But, I come back to, played guys too many minutes. They’re not ready for that”
- Bud Dupree, Avery Williamson named second team All-SEC
- Cal teaches team how to huddle at foul line, but says ” I haven’t lost any confidence in the team”
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — A person familiar with the situation says the Pelicans have traded Nerlens Noel to Philadelphia for point guard Jrue Holiday after selecting the Kentucky center with the sixth pick overall in Thursday’s NBA draft.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the trade had not been announced. The person says
New Orleans also sent the 76ers a protected 2014 first-round pick and received the Sixers’ second-round selection — 42nd overall — in this year’s draft.
The 6-foot-4 Holiday, a four-year pro, averaged 17.7 points and eight assists for the 76ers last season.
The 6-foot-10 Noel averaged 10.5 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game, and blocked 106 shots as a freshman. However, left knee surgery is expected to sideline him until December.