Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
- John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: “I never even talked to him about coming back”
- John Calipari says summer tour “will probably be something with World Games;” has not interviewed possible assistants yet
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson sees Alex Poythress as early second round pick, not sure Dakari Johnson goes in 1st round
- Mark Stoops explains why providing unlimited meals, snacks for athletes is right thing to do
- NBAdraftblog.com’s Ed Isaacson sees Andrew, Aaron Harrison in lower part of NBA first round
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — A person familiar with the situation says the Pelicans have traded Nerlens Noel to Philadelphia for point guard Jrue Holiday after selecting the Kentucky center with the sixth pick overall in Thursday’s NBA draft.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the trade had not been announced. The person says
New Orleans also sent the 76ers a protected 2014 first-round pick and received the Sixers’ second-round selection — 42nd overall — in this year’s draft.
The 6-foot-4 Holiday, a four-year pro, averaged 17.7 points and eight assists for the 76ers last season.
The 6-foot-10 Noel averaged 10.5 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game, and blocked 106 shots as a freshman. However, left knee surgery is expected to sideline him until December.