Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky officially names Craig Naviar as special teams coordinator
- High school coach on Harrisons: “No matter their body language, they want to win”
- Former Kentucky QB Tim Couch on Hall of Fame ballot
- Signee Blake Bone says it was a “no-brainer as a receiver” to want to play in Kentucky’s offense
- Guest post: Fan wonders if John Calipari can correct problems and right ship at Kentucky
- Jay Bilas on Cats: Highest rated class “does not mean it was the best class ever”
- Kentucky freshman James Young rises to No. 9 in Chad Ford’s mock draft
- Jon Hood to Cats: “Go play. That’s the thing, go play”
Additional information regarding the telethon for victims of Hurricane Sandy has been released, including an additional hour, which will now run from 7:00-9:00 p.m. ET Wednesday night.
Phone banks will be open from 6:00-9:00 p.m. In the Lexington area, the telethon can be seen live on WKYT from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Coverage will then switch over to CWKYT from 8:00-9:00 p.m. Members of the UK men’s basketball team will take phone calls and donations from 7:00-9:00 p.m. People wanting to make a donation in the Lexington area can call 859.299.5455 and those outside the Lexington area can call toll free 855.257.2700.
During non-telethon hours, people can call the Red Cross at 859.253.1331 or 800.RED.CROSS. Additionally, monetary donations can also be taken to any Central Bank location in Lexington.
The special event will also stream live at WKYT.com where donations can also be made for 24 hours beginning at 7:00 p.m. and people can bid on various items that will be auctioned off.
One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit the victims of the catastrophic storm. For more information from the Red Cross, contact Winn Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.