Most Recent Posts
- Nunley, Cumbess Propel No. 12 UK Softball to Super Regionals
- DeCourcy says Julius Randle is “so freaking quick” and powerful he will be special
- UK football coach Mark Stoops on wife: “She gets involved as much as she can in a supportive role”
- Swiss Cat – Vacation notes and photos from Larry from his trip to Switzerland.
- Kentucky softball team earns 40th win to tie school record for most wins in a season
- Calipari says Cats will press more, foul more, bump and grind, hip-check next season
- Caldwell County sophomore Elijah Sindelar special QB but also has big-time baseball options
- Stoops believes he has special understanding of high school coaches
Additional information regarding the telethon for victims of Hurricane Sandy has been released, including an additional hour, which will now run from 7:00-9:00 p.m. ET Wednesday night.
Phone banks will be open from 6:00-9:00 p.m. In the Lexington area, the telethon can be seen live on WKYT from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Coverage will then switch over to CWKYT from 8:00-9:00 p.m. Members of the UK men’s basketball team will take phone calls and donations from 7:00-9:00 p.m. People wanting to make a donation in the Lexington area can call 859.299.5455 and those outside the Lexington area can call toll free 855.257.2700.
During non-telethon hours, people can call the Red Cross at 859.253.1331 or 800.RED.CROSS. Additionally, monetary donations can also be taken to any Central Bank location in Lexington.
The special event will also stream live at WKYT.com where donations can also be made for 24 hours beginning at 7:00 p.m. and people can bid on various items that will be auctioned off.
One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit the victims of the catastrophic storm. For more information from the Red Cross, contact Winn Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.