Most Recent Posts
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
Additional information regarding the telethon for victims of Hurricane Sandy has been released, including an additional hour, which will now run from 7:00-9:00 p.m. ET Wednesday night.
Phone banks will be open from 6:00-9:00 p.m. In the Lexington area, the telethon can be seen live on WKYT from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Coverage will then switch over to CWKYT from 8:00-9:00 p.m. Members of the UK men’s basketball team will take phone calls and donations from 7:00-9:00 p.m. People wanting to make a donation in the Lexington area can call 859.299.5455 and those outside the Lexington area can call toll free 855.257.2700.
During non-telethon hours, people can call the Red Cross at 859.253.1331 or 800.RED.CROSS. Additionally, monetary donations can also be taken to any Central Bank location in Lexington.
The special event will also stream live at WKYT.com where donations can also be made for 24 hours beginning at 7:00 p.m. and people can bid on various items that will be auctioned off.
One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit the victims of the catastrophic storm. For more information from the Red Cross, contact Winn Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.