Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky players mum on mysterious John Calipari tweak except Cauley-Stein says it is ‘mentality’
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
- WR Blake Bone can be flamboyant, different but he says “my only mission is to catch the ball”
- Julius Randle adds USBWA all-district honor
- Julius Randle SEC freshman of year; James Young, Willie Cauley-Stein honored
- Kris Bentley of Sundy Best says performing at UK “one of the coolest things we’ve ever done”
- John Calipari: “I’ve think we’ve done right by these kids (who have gone to the NBA early”
- Father says transfer speculation never bothered Kentucky QB Patrick Towles
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky women’s coach Matthew Mitchell said he’s “very excited” about Friday’s game against Baylor and appreciates what coach John Calipari did to make the doubleheader possible.
“It’s a great, great experience. We have a great opportunity to play an outstanding team, but the overall experience is a great opportunity and I want to thank John Calipari for really putting this thing together and giving our program a chance to participate in something like this,” Mitchell said.
“He just called me one day a couple years back and had the idea and it went from there. He’s been so supportive of our program from the very first time he got here. The first day he showed up to campus, he came over to our office and was positive that day and has been positive every day since.
“Personally, he’s been very supportive of me as a young coach and shared a lot of wisdom with me over the years. To have a person like that to work with and promote our program the way he has, I’m really appreciative. We thank him a lot for that. It’s going to be a great opportunity to play one of the most hard-nosed, aggressive, tough basketball programs in the country.”